Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 4 months of waiting we finally have our Arona FR parked outside. Unfortunately the sales manager didn't specify a black roof when tapping the order into the computer so has ended up with a body colour roof which is silver. We are not amused!
We think it looks rubbish as it is.
We would have refused it but meant at least another 5 month wait.
In the end we agreed they could wrap the roof and replace the mirror casings to black as they are silver at the moment.
Other than that it seems fine. Only done 50 miles so far so bit early to comment on it.
If you're used to driving a car from the VAG stable then it's more of the same really. Drives just like the past 2 Skodas we've had.
Ive turned the stop/start off as it's too noticeable when it restarts.
The steering wheel feels cheap and thin compared to the Skodas which is strange as I assumed they would be made out of parts from the same parts bin but obviously not.
Will see how things go.

Registered
Real shame your dealer got your colour choice wrong, can't believe they couldn't get the basics right. Lol
Hope you enjoy it fella.馃憤

Registered
Think I'd be tempted to reject the car. I know you don't want to wait but have the dealers checked all stock coming into the UK for car that matches colour wise and is at least an FR. My only concern for the wrap would be how long you plan to keep the car and what the affect will be come to trade in or sell on. I know probably not the answer your looking for. But not good paying for something your not happy with or is a compromise.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's my wife's motability car so she only has it for 3 years and don't need to worry about resale value. Didn't really want to reject it as her current motability car contract ended back in October. Motability let you keep the current car for as long as the new one takes to arrive but was worried they might get a bit annoyed if we told them we would need to keep the old car for another 5 months. I know it wasn't our fault and the dealer has taken full responsibility but we don't want to mess motability around. We are just grateful to have it. Also it was registered with a private plate so that could have caused problems not that that would be our problem mind. I'm sure if we were buying it out right we would have rejected it.

Registered
Ah Okay. Just out of interest as its owned by motability do they have to be informed that it has or will be modified? Also, playing devil's advocate, will this have an affect on the insurance policy as a wrap will be classed as a modification? Sorry to be putting more negatives your way but you know what insurance is like.

Registered
I would be so gutted if that was me. Waiting all that time and not the colour you wanted. Doesn't say very much for the dealerships.

Hope you get something sorted.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We checked with the salesman and he said that if it was wrapped you don't need to inform the insurance as it isn't a permanent colour change but motability would have to me notified as they need to know what modifications their cars have but they are closed over Easter. The manager then came up with the idea to add the Black Pack which apparently is available for other SEAT models which includes a black roof wrap. They will then amend the motability order to include the Black Pack and therefore won't be a modification just a free optional extra. All very complicated but not our problem. The colour is now growing on my wife so who knows what's going to happen.
Other than that it seems nice.
The LED lights are a party trick that make it stand out in the car park. Think they look stunning and work really well.

Registered
Yeah, personally I wouldn't trust them until you've heard from the insurance company itself. Even though it's not permanent any item added after registration is classed as a modification in the insurance eyes. Don't want to sound a bore but it's technicalities and small print that catch people out at the worst time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That will be for the dealer and motability to sort out. The good thing about motability is that you don't have to sort anything out yourself. At the end of the day we're all human and we all make mistakes. We've calmed down now and happy with our choice of car.

Registered
Hi I can understand your frustration but as you say its not your Car been on Motability and would not bother with the wrap . But if it had been your own Car I would have rejected it I kept expecting something like that with mine been the first one the Dealer ordered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Think we will be keeping it as it is and asking them to throw in a boot liner and dog guard as a goodwill gesture. It will be cheaper for them than having to get it wrapped and pay for new mirror casings so hopefully they will be happy to throw these items in.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The mono colour has grown on us. I think it looked stranger to us as all the images and videos online tend to have a grey or black roof. After living with it for a few days it's actually quite nice. If anyone is thinking about a silver Arona wether be it with a coloured roof or not it really suits the car. I have a Mercedes Vito in silver and the Arona silver is so much nicer. It almost has a perrlescent effect as it seems to change slightly in different light and enhances all the sharp angles. I would put a pic up but it is currently absolutely filthy inside and out and I have absolutely no idea how to put pics up on the forum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.