Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered an Xcellence Lux DSG on 14th Jan and was given a build week today of week 16 (wc 16th April) Dealer has told me it will then be another 3-4 weeks until they receive it and it's ready for me to collect, so looking like mid May.

A far cry from the 10-12 weeks I was told it would take when I ordered! My dealer has said as it will be over 3 weeks late I'll be entitled to a free first service or £250 (I'll be taking the money) My current cars final settlement is due on May 4th and my dealer has offered to settle this for me before that date and lend me a car free of charge until the Arona is delivered which I thought was pretty good.

Can't fault the dealer but to be honest am less than impressed with Seat themselves and their misleading lead times and lack of info provided to the dealer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Stringaa. I ordered my Xcellence Lux DSG on 12 January and I was also given a build week of week 16 so there is some consistency. I am also looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. Mine is red with black roof.

I was also given an estimated delivery time of 12 weeks when I placed the order. However, as I was given a 3 year service package as part of the deal, I will have to find some other way of getting some form of compensation.

Your dealer sounds pretty fair minded when it comes to your situation. Unfortunately not all dealers are like that.

Keep smiling!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maziac said:
Hi Stringaa. I ordered my Xcellence Lux DSG on 12 January and I was also given a build week of week 16 so there is some consistency. I am also looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. Mine is red with black roof.

I was also given an estimated delivery time of 12 weeks when I placed the order. However, as I was given a 3 year service package as part of the deal, I will have to find some other way of getting some form of compensation.

Your dealer sounds pretty fair minded when it comes to your situation. Unfortunately not all dealers are like that.

Keep smiling!
Good to know it's not just mine! I have a feeling it's either the Xcellence Lux specifically or the DSG gearboxes that have been causing the issues and being delayed, reading posts on here other trims have been coming on time.

Re the compensation, that's coming from Seat directly rather than the dealer, my dealer said it's automatic when a car is over 3 weeks late that they offer it. I would query it with your dealer if they haven't mentioned it already.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was chatting to the salesman I got mine from when I dropped in the dealers to book car in and he was saying for 1.0 tsi with dsg it's nearly 6 month wait from point of order.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ordered my Excellence Lux manual gearbox on 12th of Jan and just been told via dealer that build date of week 16 and delivery to dealer is 3 weeks later so it will be mid May before i receive it but no mention of compensation if order is delayed i was given delivery time of 12 weeks but it will be longer than that do i speak to the dealer or do you think it is automatically applied via Seat as other forum users have mentioned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm in the same situation, we ordered our FR Sport at the start of January and was told 10/12 weeks but our car is just getting built this week (week 14). And won't be here till the end of April.

I've not spoken to Seat directly but I will be phoning this week. I've not had any apology for the delay and zero mention of compensation.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same here ordered 4th Jan and was advised 10 to 12 weeks for a Xcellence Lux with dsg ,having not heard any thing for some time i rang the dealer and was told they had no ideal when car would arrive and Seat were unable to give a build date,i emailed Seat in Spain for more info,they in turn referred me to Seat uk who then rang me and advised the car was do to be built in week 15 (wc 9th April) and made a offer of compensation, i think you should all so get something too. Good luck

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Glad I came across this forum, more so this particular topic.
I have the DSG Lux on order from the Portsmouth dealer, having ordered via the mobility scheme.
I was given a 10/12 delivery date some 6 weeks ago.
Looks like I should be ringing for an update.
On the plus side, I found this forum :) cheers for the heads up.

UPDATE Yes confirmed my delivery will be at least another 4 weeks on top of the 12 weeks due to DSG shortage/weather/premium model demand over the anticipated basic model.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm just off the phone from my dealer after discussing how unhappy I was with the delay on the car. Was told 10 to 12 weeks when I bought the car, it's not being built until this week (week 14) then another 2 to 3 week for delivery. That's approximately 5 weeks late. I asked if there would be any compensation from the dealership for the delay and was told there would be nothing and that I would have to contact Seat Uk to see if they could do anything.

A little bit disappointed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Craig unfortunately you dealers right any payment made would be payed by Seat UK,have a chat with one of their advisers that will tell you what they can offer you ie money offer,service deal ect there phone no is 01144503298 good luck

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey bombers dad, yeah that's what my dealer said too. Just tried to phone them but they must be shut for the bank holiday, I'll try tomorrow.

I hope my dealer doesn't think I'm a moaning wee sh!te 😂 every time I speak to him I'm always complaining about how long it's taking. I'm the worlds most impatient person. I've bought several cars from Volkswagen and Audi and never had long to wait and always got a deal. With Seat I understand they are a cheaper brand and money is tight, just wish I felt a bit more valued.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yea know what you mean i ordered my Arona in Jan looks like i have to wait till May before i get it, had no probs when i had my Polo or my Yeti new both were delivered well on time

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Craig200588 said:
I'm just off the phone from my dealer after discussing how unhappy I was with the delay on the car. Was told 10 to 12 weeks when I bought the car, it's not being built until this week (week 14) then another 2 to 3 week for delivery. That's approximately 5 weeks late. I asked if there would be any compensation from the dealership for the delay and was told there would be nothing and that I would have to contact Seat Uk to see if they could do anything.

A little bit disappointed.
Seems strange that your dealer isn't aware of the compensation! Like I said in my OP my dealer was the one that told me I'm automatically entitled to a free first service or £250 from Seat because it'll be delayed over 3 weeks. I assume I don't have to chase Seat directly for it and my dealer will sort it for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just had call from Tara at Seat customer services that our Arona Xcellence Lux will be built next week and confirming we will get the compensation cheque of £250. @Craig200588 I havent been happy with service from Fife Seat either and this is our fourth car from them. I had spoke out on this forum and on Seat UK facebook and customer services came to me direct. I suggest you contact them.
I didnt manage to get a colour change as I was told I'd have to join the end of the queue again by the dealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have just come off the phone with Fife seat and I'm more than happy with what I've been told from my dealer. I'm still upset at the delay in the car, so I have contacted Seat Uk to see if they could help. They are away to look into it and get back to me.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone order theirs in Feb and have an idea of build week or delivery time? Mine is ordered on lease through a company and have no contact regarding times. Would put my mind at ease to have more of an idea? thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
harrietmoles said:
Anyone order theirs in Feb and have an idea of build week or delivery time? Mine is ordered on lease through a company and have no contact regarding times. Would put my mind at ease to have more of an idea? thanks
Ordered end of feb delivery end of april. Thats in Poland thou but id say build weeks are generic depending on specs , and delivery additional time would vary depending on pickup location (?). My config : nevada white Fr 115tsi manual with couple of added safety packets .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sircyber said:
harrietmoles said:
Ordered end of feb delivery end of april. Thats in Poland thou but id say build weeks are generic depending on specs , and delivery additional time would vary depending on pickup location (?). My config : nevada white Fr 115tsi manual with couple of added safety packets .
Thanks mine is the SE Tech no extras ordered to the UK. The company i ordered through were very conservative with time scale saying end of May so im hoping it may come sooner from what you have said. But no response from him to confirm.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts