Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Well 600 mile in and decided to give it a weekly wash just noticed three small stone chips in a line on bonnet :x It was not there last week so done in a week no Motorways or Road works it must be a very soft paint !
I had my Leon metallic Grey for three years and not one stone chip

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry to hear this. It's strange that the Leon would have different paint to the Arona as they are both SEAT. I'm a valeter and usually find the paint is the same all across the manufactures range. For example Land Rover paint is very soft no matter if it's a discovery or a Range Rover. Maybe SEAT use different paint on different models or maybe it's not as thick on the Arona. I believe colour can effect it as I have a Mercedes Vito in silver and the paint is extremely thin and chips easily where as other colours are far thicker for some reason.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Has anybody used the Chipex system and what were the Results kit is £35

·
Registered
299 Posts
Used it before on a sepang blue Audi a4 I had. It was really good, kit comes with everything you need and you could only see it when you got really close. The paint is made up with colour and clear coat together some how. The result was really good. The only thing was you only get a few applicators so if you've got some bigger chips then some good quality cotton buds might be handy. It has a good shelf life as well. Definitely recommend it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
Used it before on a sepang blue Audi a4 I had. It was really good, kit comes with everything you need and you could only see it when you got really close. The paint is made up with colour and clear coat together some how. The result was really good. The only thing was you only get a few applicators so if you've got some bigger chips then some good quality cotton buds might be handy. It has a good shelf life as well. Definitely recommend it.
Cheers Think I will give it a try it seems to have good reviews

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.