Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
Got an FR due to arrive in the next couple of weeks.
Anyone who already has theirs could you tell me if the door mirrors fold on the key or do they only fold when the button is pressed inside? We have to park on a narrow road and although I always remember to fold the mirrors on our current car the wife often forgets to so would be handy if they folded when the vehicle was locked. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
299 Posts
They fold on the key. When you lock you have to hold the button down for a couple of seconds then the mirrors fold in. It's an odd design, else you can use the mirror adjust switch and use that before you get out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you have the KESSY System, and it works the same as my Golf, then the mirrors automatically folder in when you brush your hand of the door handle to lock it.
Ive not had to hold my hand on the handle ever to make the mirrors fold, usually i just brush a finger on dimple in the door handle, and it locks, and mirror fold in.
Also the mirrors don't unfold until to hit the Start button, to start the engine, not sure on the key version as not used it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No we won't have kessy. Just the old fashioned key. We have had folding mirrors on previous cars. Some folded when locked but others had to be folded by pressing a button before getting out which meant we often forgot to fold them in. Not good with Arona mirrors as they look like they could be expensive to replace if they get hit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm still waiting for my Arona but with my current Leon FR, when you lock the doors via remote you have to keep pressing the lock button. It will close any open windows then fold in the mirrors. On returning it will also unfold the mirrors and open windows if you keep pressing the button. I'm hoping the Arona is the same

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ DavidinScotland
Just checked the window operation on the key and yes they do open and close on the key.

·
Registered
156 Posts
As well as opening and closing on the key, you can fold the mirrors using the switch on the door, this is useful when putting the car into a garage. They stay folded until you move the door switch again, so you can get the car out of the garage more easily.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mandaroo said:
@ DavidinScotland
Just checked the window operation on the key and yes they do open and close on the key.
:D Thanks for the update

·
Registered
355 Posts
If anyone goes through car wash, recommend flicking the switch and folding in the mirrors before going in...

General I just hand wash, I did my Golf on Saturday, when the weather improves again, I will get the DA out and give the Car a proper polish.
prefer to hand wash, and if you don't have to de contaminate or do anything fancy if you keep it clean.
Just need to do the interior clean, but weather stopped play LOL.. Roll on SUMMER..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Am I correct in thinking that the SE Technology models, don't have any of this clever automatic mirror folding 'technology', so the mirrors therefore have to be moved manually... or is there an 'assisted' option?

·
Registered
269 Posts
In my 2019 FR , I can check or uncheck a box in the car menu, in the 8 inch audio/navigation/entertainment

So the car has this function, only not in your version , find someone who has vagcom on his laptop.
On my car he enabled the cornering lights on my full led Arona... dealer said it was not possible.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I wish I could fold the mirrors with a long press of the key (kessy version) but I was told by my dealer that this function had been removed earlier this year. I don't know the spec for Netherlands' Aronas, which may well be different to UK, but my settings menu only has 2 options - fold on lock or not! Probably, like Lampie says, the funtion is actually extant but just not selectable from the current settings menu software. I can't understand why Seat would do this unless they want our mirrors to prematurely wear out from all the constant folding/unfolding.

·
Registered
169 Posts
As with other removed features, it's one less thing that could potentially be a warranty claim, should there be a fault with it.
If they can still sell all they make, then it make sense, to Seat, to minimise costs.
I wonder, what will disappear from the menus next?

·
Registered
182 Posts
A good point you make which I understand and agree with. However if the folding mirrors are only operated as and when required, (i.e on the key long press), surely this would actually reduce the likelihood of premature wear and a potential warranty claim resulting from the mirrors repeatedly folding on locking?

·
Registered
169 Posts
MotorMan said:
A good point you make which I understand and agree with. However if the folding mirrors are only operated as and when required, (i.e on the key long press), surely this would actually reduce the likelihood of premature wear and a potential warranty claim resulting from the mirrors repeatedly folding on locking?
I was not thinking about mechanical wear and tear, more about extra lines of software that may or may not continue to work as other software changes are made.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Does anybody know if the mirrors can be damaged if they try to fold or unfold when they are covered in ice or frozen snow? I have already disabled my rear wiper being activated on selecting reverse because of this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ive set mine to fold automatically on lock and unlock.
One push of the appropriate button on the key fob and hey presto.
If you need to fold them while in the car rote the mirror control button to the six o'clock position and they'll fold in .rotate back to either the L or R position and they unfold .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts