Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would ask members with more experience of the Arona about the folding door mirrors, on handover the salesman set them to close on locking always, i think i would prefer them to lock from the key fob (extended press) so disabled the option in the mirrors/windows menu however I can't get this to operate it does close any open windows but not fold the mirrors, only had the Arona just over a week so still learning its the FR model. Apart from this it is a excellent love ro pieces

·
Registered
Arona FR Desire Red with Black Roof
157 Posts
My mirrors fold when the fob is pressed for a few seconds. My fold mirrors when parking option is ticked.
Suggest you select yours again and see what happens. The option of folding instantly on pressing the key, rather than on a long press might be an option set by the dealer using VAG.com.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone having issue- my option for 'fold when parked' is ticked and I simply hold the lock button on my key fob a few seconds and they fold in. If I then unlock car with fob the mirrors unfold. However, sometimes I fold mirrors by touching and holding the keyless sensor on the drivers door and then later come to unlock car with fob then the mirrors stay folded and vice versa. Usually resolved by using the manual switch on mirror adjusting knob.
However, today mirrors stayed folded even on driving and eventually righted themselves on parking up and fiddling with switch and lock/unlock with fob.
SE tech 95 First Edition

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have only had my Arona 115 FR Automatic for a few days and I needed an answer to this question. This forum has been so helpful already. Thanks

·
Registered
548 Posts
You need to have it ticked in The infotainment (car, settings, scroll down and tick)
Then you need to have the mirror switch knob on fold

And as someone else has pointed out can also set the all windows wind option

Either hold down key fob button for few seconds, or with keyless can hover over sensor

I rarely use the mirror fold, most parking spaces don't need it, but depends on where you park

·
Registered
184 Posts
Had the car for 3 weeks now and I too would like to fold the mirrors when the key fob button is pressed for a long time. The dealer tried to set this up at handover but despite his efforts was unsuccessful. He reckoned the fold-on-key-press must have been discontinued on recent builds. Can anyone confirm this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts