Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I bought a 2018 Seat Arona Xcellence Lux back in March from Carzam (yes, before they went bust…). It doesn’t seem like I can fold my mirrors in manually, and when I go to the mirror settings in the car menu, there is no option there in regards to the mirrors. I have no idea how to get them to fold in. I have searched the forums a bit and have seen a few posts about mirrors, so it seems like my spec should be able to fold in, but I still can’t work out how to do it.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had a look in the car, but it doesn't have that little icon at the bottom of the knob. It's just blank with the L and R above. I can tilt left and right but nothing else.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was referring to the ability to fold the mirrors automatically when locking the car. I had to enable the function on mine using the settings screen.
Perhaps you do not have the function..

·
Registered
619 Posts
There were all sorts of short term spec changes during 2018.
At the time Seat hadn’t planned very well, and kept running out of parts for the higher spec versions, so there is a fair chance yours was built without power folding mirrors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There were all sorts of short term spec changes during 2018.
At the time Seat hadn’t planned very well, and kept running out of parts for the higher spec versions, so there is a fair chance yours was built without power folding mirrors.
Do you know if I can fold them manually? I’ve tried but I don’t want to push them if they don’t go. I’m a bit angry I’ve managed to buy a car that can’t fold its wing mirrors in 🙄

·
Registered
2022 Arona FR 1.5 DSG
46 Posts
Do you know if I can fold them manually? I’ve tried but I don’t want to push them if they don’t go. I’m a bit angry I’ve managed to buy a car that can’t fold its wing mirrors in 🙄
They should fold manually with a good push on the mirror, have a good look in car settings to ensure you do / don't have the autofold option

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They should fold manually with a good push on the mirror, have a good look in car settings to ensure you do / don't have the autofold option
I have looked in the settings, it’s strange there is a setting in the menu that says “wipers and mirrors”, yet there’s only a wiper setting in there. The manual says the folding mirror options should be there. Do you think something like this can be added/coded on?

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Arona FR 1.5 DSG
46 Posts
I have looked in the settings, it’s strange there is a setting in the menu that says “wipers and mirrors”, yet there’s only a wiper setting in there. The manual says the folding mirror options should be there. Do you think something like this can be added/coded on?
Not sure this can be added / coded, there may not be the electric motors in the doors and I don't think Seat have it as an accessory option

1 - 10 of 10 Posts