Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collected my Xcellence Lux on Tuesday and love it - so nice to drive.
Has anyone else noticed that the electrically folding wing mirrors have been removed from this spec? Seems an odd one considering that the digital cockpit and heated seats have been added.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is not a spec change to the car, it has been miss-built by Seat, in other words they failed to fit the folding mirrors. The Blind Spot Detection and Heated parts of the mirrors should both work though. Also because it was their fault you are entitled to get compensation, currently £250, or you could say no to the car. You dealer should have said something, talk to them or call Seat customer service. This occurred to me, got £250, plus a couple of free services when l threatened to not except mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You're correct Seat appear to be happy to let you take the car and hope you just accept it. This after l know the miss-build was raised as an issue, with the compensation details, on the Dealers information website, very poor customer service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I queried this and was told that auto folding mirrors are only available on the SE Technology, not the Lux

G

·
alliefoz said:
I queried this and was told that auto folding mirrors are only available on the SE Technology, not the Lux
That's a lie, they're in the spec for the X-Lux - I have the exact same car as you (even the colour!) , picked it up on Tuesday and I have folding mirrors

·
Registered
49 Posts
alliefoz said:
The Xcellence Lux door mirror misbuild is quite well documented. The Arona November 2018 price list which is downloadable from the SEAT UK website shows the full specifications if your dealer needs clarification !!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Edit.
I've just noticed that according to the price list mentioned above, every Arona across the range has front and rear electric windows.
I'm not sure that's correct..... :?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Rumbletum said:
Edit.
I've just noticed that according to the price list mentioned above, every Arona across the range has front and rear electric windows.
I'm not sure that's correct..... :?
It is correct.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is that a recent change in spec?
When my OH was looking to change her Ibiza, we looked at both the new Ibiza and Arona FR as possiblities.
The deal breaker was no rear electric windows and no winter pack option. She is now the very happy owner of a Leon FR with all those things and more!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I dont think it has ever been different on the Arona FR although I am not fully familiar with the spec when they were first released in the UK
The new Ibiza in the UK, as you say, only has electric rear windows on the top of the range Xcellence models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Collecting my Xcellence lux in next couple of days-dealer confirms auto folding mirrors operating as described in sp c

·
Registered
156 Posts
Rumbletum said:
Is that a recent change in spec?
When my OH was looking to change her Ibiza, we looked at both the new Ibiza and Arona FR as possiblities.
The deal breaker was no rear electric windows and no winter pack option. She is now the very happy owner of a Leon FR with all those things and more!
I have a Jan 18 FR which has rear electric windows. I have checked the Oct 17 brochure (the first one?) and front and rear electric windows were fitted on all Aronas. Agreed no winter pack option, it was supposedly only fitted to the SE Technology First Edition.

·
Registered
420 Posts
There seems to be some confusion with this thread between Mirrors and Windows

The thread is about Seat missing off the Folding Wing Mirrors on a production run

·
Registered
156 Posts
Brian566 said:
There seems to be some confusion with this thread between Mirrors and Windows

The thread is about Seat missing off the Folding Wing Mirrors on a production run
I was just making sure I was qualified to work in SEAT Customer Service by adding to the confusion! Rear seat belt fix anyone?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer namely Chippenham Motor Company, at first waffled about this and then said to take it up with Seat UK who supplied the car as is. It also does not look like the Xcellence Lux in the brochure ours has the same dashboard as the Xcellence, it also has different seats from what we were expecting. We can currently extremely disappointed with this version of events and this is not the end of the matter. Any thoughts please would be helpful. Thank you

1 - 20 of 40 Posts