Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure this thread has been covered before but not finding what I’m looking for - anyways, earlier today, driving my Arona FR in town area at speed of around 25mph when suddenly, without any warning, the central dash area lit up and the vehicle performed a full emergency stop without me doing anything! There was nothing in front of me and nothing passed in front of the vehicle either - fortunately there was nothing behind me but I hate to think what might have happened if a motorcycle or any other vehicle for that matter were close behind! The vehicle cut out after braking. The only other issue I’ve had (2020 with 16,000miles) is the stop/start system cutting out periodically when going slow, especially over speed bumps. I took my car to the local Seat dealer straight away and was given a demonstrator for now. Is this a common issue, it certainly doesn’t give me any confidence in the vehicle for fear of it happening again! Technology is fine but definitely not at the expense of safety!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
There is usually something it sees, even if it something silly like a crisp packet blowing in the wind. In the Infotainment you can adjust the sensitivity level, there have been earlier threads where most people say the high sensitivity causes too many false brake applications, I have set mine to medium and works as I would expect.

Never had it come to a complete stop, on mine when I react and hit the brake it seems to give control back to me, so if something pulls off to side and road clear again then I just resume

Regarding start-stop, I have found the same, cuts out too early, whilst still moving at about 3mph, so hopeless when in a traffic queue approaching a junction and creeping forward. Nowadays I don’t use it, just hit the A button to turn it off straight after hitting start button. The fuel savings from not idling for few seconds seem to be minuscule.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts