Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just wondered - we have an FR Sport DSG with the flat bottom steering wheel as shown... however the demo we drove had a gloss black insert with th FR logo at the bottom of the whee as shown on the attached picture ...

EC3AC5E1-40BC-48DD-AFAE-94ABA9258172.jpeg

However, on ours it is like a silver/grey colour for the insert also with FR logo (like on the excellence)... rather than gloss black (haven't got a picture atm). Just wondered any other FR Sport owners whether yours is black or silver?

Thanks
Grant.

·
Registered
420 Posts
rwil said:
Hey GWS,

I have an FR Sport and my steering wheel has the black insert, not silver. Not sure why yours is different.

Ryan
Same here mine is Black

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
scotti290586 said:
Picked my FR Sport up on Saturday and it has silver inserts in door, centre console and steering wheel. Actually looks quite good but have queried why not gloss black as still shown in brochure... ?
I wonder if they ran out of the gloss black trim, (wouldn't surprise me). We had ours in November so would show they ran out of the steering wheel trim first as our door cards are gloss black.

·
Registered
Arona FR Desire Red with Black Roof
157 Posts
Do those of you with the silver steering wheel insert on the FR or FR Sport have the flat bottomed FR steering wheel or the round steering wheel fitted to all other Aronas?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've kicked off with SEAT as I don't think it's acceptable how they just decide to change the look of a car without at least informing the customer.

Got nowhere so far but am told the change is due to having lots of issues with the gloss black getting marked easily (maybe lots of warranty claims?). The brochure now shows silver too so I think the change is here to stay. However when I ordered and even when I picked the car up, the brochure and cars in the show room had gloss black trim.

SEAT customer service is truly woeful. For someone who's spent over £20k on a purchase, I'd at least expect an apology for the change or even a free service offer or something but just got told to suck it up as they have a disclaimer on the back of the brochure. I'm actually embarrassed for SEAT UK...

·
Registered
Arona FR Desire Red with Black Roof
157 Posts
Scotti,

Agree with your comments about SEAT customer service, in my experience they are just not fit for purpose. I even got told by them that they wouldn't contact SEAT UK head office about my problem.

Suggest you email SEAT UK's MD Richard Harrison, you should then get a reply from his office who have resolved a couple of my issues to my satisfaction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts