Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any owner of an FR please confirm if it does have twin exhaust pipes or are they just cosmetic (ie dummy chrome finishers) because the brochure states twin exhaust pipes while all the other models it quotes hidden exhaust pipe.
I visited my Seat dealer to take a look myself and found that the chrome pipes showing at the back were blank and the exhaust itself was a single pipe underneath, i questioned this with the salesman and he said that they were just blank lookalike twin pipes and you wouldn't get twin exhaust on a 1.0lt engine. The brochure is misleading to potential customers.

·
Registered
299 Posts
It is definitely two dummy plastic trim pieces. On mine it does have hidden exhaust although these are twin pipes, one of the pipes also has an electronic butterfly valve on it, not sure whether that's for emissions, noise or performance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Dolphinfriendly it could be just the 1.5 engine that gets the twin but not the 1lt 115 bhp, when you read the brochure it makes you believe it has real chrome pipes showing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
As dolphin says; the chrome exhaust tips are fake. The 1.5 engine has twin hidden pipes after the silencer with a butterfly valve, and the 1.0 engines has a single hidden pipe after the silencer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for confirming that i hope the defuser as they call it will be available as an add on extra like it is available for the new Ibiza, i have ordered an Ex Lux so waiting in anticipation.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
It is definitely two dummy plastic trim pieces. On mine it does have hidden exhaust although these are twin pipes, one of the pipes also has an electronic butterfly valve on it, not sure whether that's for emissions, noise or performance.
Hi Dolfin friendly,
Just a note about the butterfy valve. My last car was a Leon 184ps FR and when i put it into Sport mode the car sounded as if it had more grunt. I think this is maybe the same thing. This was a feature on my Leon and was mentioned somewhere in the spec.

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's interesting as the throttle is like that on an automatic, where when you push thebpedal down it comes to a notable stop but if you push harder it moves slightly again and after a couple of seconds the car picks up again and does seem to have a slight change in tone. I know some cars have a small overboost function but not sure what it is.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
The butterfly valve may change the sound as it did on my LEON184. the video lets you hear the difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts