Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Front assist and stop start error.
Front assist has been a ongoing issue that car is going in for later this month for a week .

Stop start error showing please help and would a new panel air filter effect it?

·
Registered
66 Posts
my front assist has never worked ..the symbol comes on at the strangest times but it never shows when i am behind a car or about to hit a car ...also the brakes never are activated ..been in twice to the dealer who says nothing wrong ??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
belknap said:
my front assist has never worked ..the symbol comes on at the strangest times but it never shows when i am behind a car or about to hit a car ...also the brakes never are activated ..been in twice to the dealer who says nothing wrong ??
I have had problems since a month in of having it n my car had those problems n got worse but my brakes worked on it but now says front assist now says unavailable?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re Stop Start error. Mine kept coming on alternate starts. Simple Resolution....

Turn ignition key on, then put your seat belt on, and then start the engine.

The delay in ignition on and turning the engine on has solved that annoying warning.

·
Registered
169 Posts
belknap said:
Front assist only works if you are using Active Cruise Control (I believe!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
This issue has just cropped up on my 7 month old Arona today.
Does anyone have any good news about it being resolved?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My front assist worked successfully for about two weeks when my ARONA was new - it then stopped working. Two years later it still fails to function.

SEAT U.K. and my supplying dealer have always, and incredibly denied, that the system is at fault. They refuse to road test the car as they consider this a safety hazard for their technician - what about me and my wife driving the car????

SEAT will only consider results returned from their "diagnostic" equipment, they won't even accept expert witness evidence qualifying that the system fails to function in practical/everyday driving conditions.

Many months ago I referred the matter to the Motor Ombudsman. Following initial promises that the matter is actually with the Ombudsman for investigation, all is now quiet and seemingly forgotten.

I have absolutely no confidence in SEAT'S ability, or intention to resolve this issue.

Good luck anyway, but don't hold your breath.

ARONA Xlux DSG 115ps red/black.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So... when the car was started today all faults were cleared and the stop/start and front assist are working with no issues.
Fingers crossed that this is a blip and will not recur.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts