Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I definitely downsized from a Doblo Maxi long wheel base with room for a bed or aid for children moving house. when the rear seating was tumbled. I also ran an Ibiza which was under powered.

Do i miss the size? No. I rarely used the space in the Doblo, with its dual 12v sockets inc one in the boot. I prefer being able to book into hotels with small car parks / spaces and not coming unstuck . The turning circle is also miles better and much more grunt than a non turbo 1.4 petrol Ibiza.

For me, this SUV demands many compromises which you either research and accept or not buy at all. If I still had three young children I would have stayed with the Doblo or similar and just slung the Ibiza. The Arona has loads of space for my holidays, two up. Poor choice if folk also seated behind, which knackers your options. So it can be a bad / good choice, IMHO. Hope you enjoy yours.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi Sanchez, from what you are saying, maybe an Ateca or a VW T-Roc or and Skoda Karoq would be a better choice. especially if you are carrying a few people in the back.
The Arona is Really only good for 4 people the 5th middle seat is really only suitable for very short journeys.
the boot is reasonable size but the Karoq, Ateca are bigger.

the 1.0L TSI 115ps engine has good grunt, better than the old 1.4 non turbo. So that would be OK. If you did go for the Ateca/Karoq then would look at a bigger engine, as these are bigger and heavier cars.

Alternative for Larger boot space is the Citroen C3 Aircross. If you can stand driving a French car.. LOL :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Gazza. Agree that if i weren't always just two up now, with kids all grown up , I'd need an Ateca or similar. Meant that if you go abroad for a few weeks in the vehicle you need the rear seat for extra luggage overspill . Do the same when carting stuff to the dump.

Eldest son just bought a used Audi A3 with the 1.4 TFSI engine which certainly seems to be very smooth and powerful by our standards. Research is key and some don't do enough! I am happy with the Arona for next 3 years or so. I note zero per cent finance has been discussed but then it is no gift if the discounts disappear! If that is the case.

I only used the Doblo space for the odd day and was wasted for most of the year. The Arona fits the bill on space and size being used year round. Tick

·
Registered
355 Posts
Me and a Friend did long weekend camping away from the women... (Beer and more Beer Weekend :) )
and we piled the car high and the back seats with all the gear. and it is plenty of room. and you can fold down the rear seats.
Ive been clearing out a Storage Locker, and it is surprising what you can get in the space if you pack it well.

And as for the engine, 115TSi Petrol is great little engine, Ive just come back from a 750mile round trip to Germany, and it was great, never felt wanting... Yes its not a Speed demon, sports car or anything like that. It drives smooth and was returning 46mpg. it only just has 2100miles on it now. and it is improving all the time. And found it comfortable for all of the journey.

I had a 150bhp Golf 7 Diesel with sports suspension, and that was OK, but after a long journey the hard ride was more noticeable.
So the Arona is actually more comfortable as the suspension is more forgiving than my previous Golf. The Seats and driving position are the same, ride height is taller and that helps with visibility.

Overall it is a cracking little car.. Just a shame about little things that could have been added which would have lifted it up past VW. and Customer Service from SEAT is woeful..
I will keep the car for a few years, but I doubt if I will but another SEAT from the level of customer support, and the woeful communication from them.

Next time will be an electric car, Charging points should be more available and the price point should have dropped with more manufacturers producing electric cars, and range of these will keep increasing as technologies improve.

But the Government if they want people to switch to electric only, then that have to make it more accessible to the mass public by putting pressure on the car manufacturers to invest in charging infrastructure, and incentives for home owners to become more environmentally aware, solar panels.
Tesla even make solar panel roof tiles which really do look like roof tiles.

The government could push building firms to install solar panels on all new houses, Apartment blocks, this could help everyone generate more, and allow a reduction in fossil fuel. even external cladding could contain Solar panel technology.
But I digress LOL

Go for a long test drive in an Arona and see if you like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.