Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My May 2021 Arona FR seems to have a problem with the GPS. I usually have my iPhone connected and use Google Maps for navigation. However, now the location is constantly wrong which means if I'm following a route it's constantly re-routing itself because it thinks I'm on the wrong road, not the road I'm actually on.

The inbuilt Seat Satnav also has locations issues and thinks I'm a few miles away from where I actually am.

As soon as I unplug the iPhone from the USB-C Google Maps works normally and has no location problems so it's only an issue when connected to the car. This surprised me as I presumed even if connected the iPhone would still be using its internal GOS not that on the car.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This has now fixed itself. I needed Google Maps for a journey and as my phone's GPS was not working when connected with CarPlay via cable, I was using it unconnected. However, I wanted to listen to music from it so connected with Bluetooth (NOT CarPlay). As soon as I did that the car's own SatNav started working properly again. Like it had somehow reset something to do with the GPS signal. Once that had happened, I was able to use CarPlay again.

There's no good reason why this should have had an effect but unless a massive coincidence it did fix it. Remember, that until doing this the car's own GPS was not working regardless of whether I was connecting a phone or not!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts