Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Had my Arona for a few months and really like it, it does everything I need to so am very happy.

My only niggle is that it seems really hard to pull away smoothly in first gear, it feels quite jerky - the best I can do is pull away with no accelerator but this isnt always suitable.

Its on a 68 plate, 1.0FR, 19,000 miles.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2020 Excellence Lux auto, it lurches forward with a jump and unable to move away smoothly, been back to Seat dealer who advised they have reset a system but still the same. I find it's best to allow the auto to move away before touching the accelerator

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi All,

Had my Arona for a few months and really like it, it does everything I need to so am very happy.

My only niggle is that it seems really hard to pull away smoothly in first gear, it feels quite jerky - the best I can do is pull away with no accelerator but this isnt always suitable.

Thanks
Hi All,

Thanks
I also have a jerky start on my FR auto (21 plate). I had a full AA pre-purchase inspection, as it was a pre-reg, and they didn't mention it as an issue. So maybe it's fairly normal... ? My previous 2019 FR auto didn't do it though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't think it's a 'generic' problem as my 2019 115 6sp version is completely smooth on the take up. Only issue I find is that the 1st gear ratio in the 6sp box is rather low except for really steep hill starts.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sportmode on a manual ? (Hiboost)

I've got an automatic, put it in ECO , and you will be overtaken by toddlers on their tricycle
Put it in Sports... wheels start spinning, even in dry weather....
(oeps.. sorry I got it chipped, more torque )

Reactions: Hiboost

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2020 Excellence Lux auto, it lurches forward with a jump and unable to move away smoothly, been back to Seat dealer who advised they have reset a system but still the same. I find it's best to allow the auto to move away before touching the accelerator
I use sport mode it pulls away much better I find mines a DSG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts