Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Just fitted a hardwired dashcam, and thought a few photos might help.
I always find removing trim stressful if it doesn't pop straight off, in case you're pulling in the wrong direction.
One of the fixing points on the side panel did break off, but the trim went back on nicely.
Hope this helps anyone looking to fit one - and avoids snappage!!!.
It's a nextbase dashcam, and the hardwire kit was a generic one from ebay (or amazon) as it is cheaper than the OEM one.
It is piggybacked onto fuse number 2, the cigarette lighter, and come on with the ignition.

It was easier to work access the fuses with the whole panel removed rather than the access panel

Fusebox cover

dash side panel

Side exposed, I attached the earth to the bolthead shown which is the lower of the two fixings - 13mm.

From the headlining down the pillar.

In situ (the white really matches the interior (but is more obvious from the outside)

Tools I used (13mm spanner for the earth)

·
Registered
420 Posts
stottycabanas said:
Images not displaying for me, just seeing a monochrome 'no entry' sign?
same here

·
Registered
62 Posts
Images not working now - but they were earlier on today ???

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not working for me and same set up as number6.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry guys, if someone wants to advise the correct way to insert images into a post I'll amend the post - unless most can view???

·
Registered
122 Posts
34_front_fr_final_ok.jpgUsing the Full Editor, there is a tab labelled Attachments with an option to place inline. I'm trying this now!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Brian566 said:
stottycabanas said:
Images not displaying for me, just seeing a monochrome 'no entry' sign?
same here
I have tried Microsoft Edge and chrome still no images also no images on my iPhone ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Brian566 said:
I have tried Microsoft Edge and chrome still no images also no images on my iPhone ?
Brian, is that also the case with the image I posted earlier today?

·
Registered
420 Posts
stottycabanas said:
Brian566 said:
Brian, is that also the case with the image I posted earlier today?
No I can see that no problems "Red Arona"

·
Registered
122 Posts
msdunn said:
Sorry guys, if someone wants to advise the correct way to insert images into a post I'll amend the post - unless most can view???
msdunn, try the steps I outlined above, see if that sorts it.

I, for one, am interested to see what you did.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also can't see your images. Screenshot_20190324-104643.png

·
Registered
174 Posts
If it helps anyone that my be thinking about this task the fuse I used by piggybacking was the 20amp one that's situated in the top left corner of the box as you look at it.
This is the 12v accessory fuse servicing the centre console socket.
Hiding the cable was straightforward, prising off the side cover by the light switch and also the one coming down the door pillar that contains the speaker, a fair bit of gentle force is required to do this.
To fully access the fuse board remove the panel that has the little tray.
Hopefully all the covers will come off without breaking any of the plastic retaining clips.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, just joined the forum having picked up my Arona on Saturday and came across your post for fitting a Nextbase Dashcam which is on my to-do-list but, as with others, I don't see any images whether using PC or iPad and they would be really useful. Not sure if anyoje knows of a way I could get hold of them,??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi msdunn, I also cant see your images, could you through them up on imgur.com? it will automatically create an album that you can share with us here, im very interested to see your work!! It seems you've tried to share the images straight from your google account 😁 which has blocked all of us from seeing them!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts