Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please refer to image below. I hardwired a dashcam by using an "add circuit / fuse holder" standart size (not mini fuse size).

All three standard size fuse slots I have tried were always hot, thus I worry about draining the battery.

I would expect that a majority of fuses should be hot on start, but in my case they were always hot including "heated rear view mirrors slot" on the right.

Any thoughts or experience on that? Many thanks in advance.

hardwiring.png

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you can find the cigarette lighter/ accessory socket, this should only be live with the ignition on. Normally on SEAT it's a 20 Amp mini blade.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rumbletum said:
If you can find the cigarette lighter/ accessory socket, this should only be live with the ignition on. Normally on SEAT it's a 20 Amp mini blade.
Thank you for the response Rumbletum! Much appreciated.

I only have standard fuse size add circuit, thus locating it in those big ones is my priority. In the worst case I order mini fuse add circuit as plan B.

All best...

G

·
The one I'm pointing to here in the picture is the 20A Cigarette lighter fuse, where I added my dashcam hardwire kit.

It's a switched live, so the camera turns on/off with the ignition.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pilki42 said:
The one I'm pointing to here in the picture is the 20A Cigarette lighter fuse, where I added my dashcam hardwire kit.

It's a switched live, so the camera turns on/off with the ignition.

Hope this helps!
Pilki42 thank you for the feedback.

I see that the layout is different. I think my cigarette lighter fuse is a mini slot; but I will give it another try.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, could you take a picture where exactly you put the ground wire of your hardwiring kit? I'd also like to install it on a permanent active fuse for parking surveillance. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marfabio said:
Hey guys, could you take a picture where exactly you put the ground wire of your hardwiring kit? I'd also like to install it on a permanent active fuse for parking surveillance. :)
You can attach to the screw and the plate it is attached seen on the upper parts of the photos above. The first photo posted by me, you can even see the cable clamped to the screw.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I want to use this hardwiring kit. Can you advise a recommended couple of fuses that I should piggy back onto. As I understand it one should be switched and the other permantly live. I will have to buy the necessary fuses etc. What type should these be I.e. std, mini etc..? Which lead goes where? You have probably guessed by now I have never even see the inside of a fuse box before
🤗😋

VIOFO A129 Dash Cam 3 Wire ACC HK3 Hardwire Kit For Parking Mode https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KZGM9LS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_49itDbNJANZ3E

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am using this "add a circuit fuse", standard size (for a cold slot - I did not prefer parking mode- :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32784873534.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.751514f08jyZ4E&algo_pvid=e27159d1-d8db-4085-8752-e522296117c6&algo_expid=e27159d1-d8db-4085-8752-e522296117c6-0&btsid=3f5131b4-3cac-4df7-84a8-5bff7b0ca94e&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3,searchweb201603_52

When you get to the fuse box, you will see that a majority of the slots and existing fuses are mini size (which most are always hot) and lesser are standard size (which I opted for hot on ignition); there are no micro fuses in Arona.

Good luck with the installation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts