Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it a bit ridiculous that heated seats and the winter pack have been removed from the top trim xcellence lux, does anyone know why SEAT would do this? I was already disappointed that there is no winter pack on the Ibiza and was one of the reasons I had originally wanted to go for the Arona instead.

Also if this is something to do with how cars are ordered and made then please forgive my ignorance! First time buying new...

Also how does this work if you order through a 'middle man' and they specify that it does come with heated seats?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Always been strange that the Winter pack wasn't standard on top spec, however seems to be available (as cost option) in countries that don't have the EASY (no options) ordering.

For a short while it was added as standard (as was Beats audio), but this was in lieu of leather/alcantara seats and leather dashboard, a temporary alternate. Alcantara stocks ran low (its a brand name) and now replaced by an unbranded alternative.

Regarding the middle man (broker), their specs are often wrong (not upto date), but a disclaimer saying specification subject to change is probably in the small print.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They were in the August price list brochure: https://web1.seat.co.uk/sites/default/files/seat_ra_file/arona-pricelist-august-2018.pdf, but removed from the September price list brochure onwards..

It's not like the UK can be pretty cold in winter or anything...

It's so disappointing as if I could get heated seats and the digital cockpit then the car would be pretty much perfect for me. Yes I could wait for used but I imagine I'd been waiting a while to get a digital cockpit in a used arona.

So I assume that if a broker order me a xcellence lux then whatever is featured in the price list at the time would be ordered?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pity about the heated seats on the Lux - its the first and only thing my wife asks about ! MY19 dont have it on and its not an option. You may find some MY18 ones still in stock with the winter pack , but they dont have the digital cockpit..... Grrr !. Given the wait times I'm seriously thinking of just ordering the upcoming 1.0 SEL T-Roc - after discounts there not much price difference and at least I can then put on the things I want....

·
Registered
158 Posts
We were very lucky ordered excellence lux on May price list with beats and heated seats built first week in September so we kept original spec plus digital dash! Bonus as we wanted heated seats and was worried we may not get. And we have new magnetic grey roof which matches perfectly the grey inlays in wheels as its bit darker than monsoon was. Looks perfect on the Nevada white car. Overall really happy and we have unusual spec with the beats and winter pack and digital dash.

·
Registered
420 Posts
twin_suns said:
I'm assuming that retrofitting heated seats is out of the question?
Check the post some one has done it
Keith Hunter
have since had heated seats retro fitted to great effect at a cost of around £350. Will supply details if interested.

Hope this helps.

Keith

·
Registered
14 Posts
arona 1.6 tdi xcellence lux

build week 36 delivered 2 sep
white dash not as bad as you think. Beats audio digital cockpit cloth seats and goes like stink one happy man

·
Registered
148 Posts
MikeB said:
Pity about the heated seats on the Lux - its the first and only thing my wife asks about ! MY19 dont have it on and its not an option. You may find some MY18 ones still in stock with the winter pack , but they dont have the digital cockpit..... Grrr !. Given the wait times I'm seriously thinking of just ordering the upcoming 1.0 SEL T-Roc - after discounts there not much price difference and at least I can then put on the things I want....
We gave up on ordering a T-Roc, six month wait and discounts were quite poor - ended up ordering a in stock Vauxhall Grandland X which surprisingly has a much better interior, both in design and quality than a T-Roc and a 1.2 130 engine is stronger than the 1 litre 115 engine in the T-Roc with an extra 15Bhp and 30Nm torque. - it is basically is a Peugeot 3008 in drag; but after a couple of long drives is a very refined and comfortable cruiser, just not as sharp to drive as either a T-Roc or our Arona.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I collected my Arona this week and it has heated seats, digital cockpit and beats. Was ordered April 5th.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts