Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a brand new Arona SE Technology and it doesn't appear to have heated wing mirrors, is this normal?

It's a bit odd considering all the other 'Technology' it does have

·
Registered
148 Posts
AronaKent said:
Hi all

I have a brand new Arona SE Technology and it doesn't appear to have heated wing mirrors, is this normal?

It's a bit odd considering all the other 'Technology' it does have
Yes no heated mirrors, I have a Tech Lux with the winter pack with heated seats and washer jets but still don't have heated mirrors...

·
Registered
420 Posts
They all have heated mirrors it switched on with the heated rear screen

Sorry my Mistake they don't :oops:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Brian566 said:
According to the specifications on the price list only the FR and above have heated mirrors.

·
Registered
420 Posts
keitht said:
Brian566 said:
According to the specifications on the price list only the FR and above have heated mirrors.
I was wrong :oops: you are right

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys.

For those with the FR spec, do you have a heated mirror switch on your wing mirror adjustment switch or do they operate with the same button as the heated rear window, as suggested above?

I'm thinking if I can locate some FR wing mirror bases, I could swap them over and they may work straight away without coding.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The heated mirrors on my FR operate with the rear heated screen, there is no switch on the mirror controls.
The FR and above should also have electric folding mirrors, so the wiring may be different? Certainly the mirror adjustment switch is different.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Keith

Yes, I notice that the FR bases being sold on eBay are folding too. I wonder if any spec has just heated, without folding? I'd like folding but as you say i'd need a switch like below, and possibly some different control modules inside the door. This then gets too costly and complicated, with more coding.

·
Registered
53 Posts
SE Tech Lux has winter pack and this definitely includes heated mirrors, steam was coming off yesterday! So glad my wife insisted on getting the Lux edition now that the temperatures are dropping :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Still seems bizarre to me that the SE Technology Lux has the Winter Pack while the supposed 'top of the range' Xcellence Lux has had it taken away!

·
Registered
148 Posts
DutchCourage said:
SE Tech Lux has winter pack and this definitely includes heated mirrors, steam was coming off yesterday! So glad my wife insisted on getting the Lux edition now that the temperatures are dropping :)
Interesting as it not on the spec list - not had a chance to see if mine clear yet as not used the car with the mirrors frozen over.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nor is the rear window demister listed . To be fair I can only a see a list of 'highlighted extras' or 'equipment highlights'

I would say it would be a safety issue if modern cars do not come with heated mirrors. Would fog up too often
They are broucures out there which may help

·
Registered
49 Posts
To add to the confusion, the December 18 price list which gives the full specification details, shows the SE Tech Lux as having electrically adjustable mirrors ( not folding or heated ) and Winter pack, which is described as heated front seats and washer jets only.

·
Registered
148 Posts
number6 said:
Rumbletum, maybe that's because heated mirrors are considered a standard fitting so don't need announcing?
Just checked the latest UK December price list and specification first three columns is SE, SE Tech and SE Tech Lux:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cyberbob said:
DutchCourage said:
Not like Seat to get anything wrong with the specs when they build a car... ;-)
Nope - we are all very lucky to have cars with four wheels :lol:
Where we used to get five. ;) :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts