Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am due to change my car at the beginning of September. I currently drive a VW Golf 1.6 TDi
I am looking at getting a Seat Arona this time :D
I have decided between Arona 1.0 TSI 115 Xcellence Lux (EZ) DSG and Arona 1.0 TSI 115 FR (EZ) DSG.
I will be leasing the car. The Xcellenace is approx £35 more a month.

What do you think I should do, is the Xcellence worth the extra money?

Any advice would be very grateful.

Kind regards

John

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hello,

Need I say more ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a SE Technology and I think the only thing I really miss that the Excellence has is climate control. The SE has aircon but it is manual and having had climate control in my two previous cars I find it a bit naf. However whether I would pay £35 a month for it is another issue. The excellence does also have LED headlights but as I have no experience of these I cannot comment.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Interestingly your shortlist is FR (not FR sport) vs Xcelence Lux (not Xcelence) so have chosen the lower of 2 FR specs, but the higher of the 2 Xcelence specs

The FR is more sporty (rather than comfort oriented), the X Lux is more luxury based. Really comes down to what you want, and how many passengers you carry etc. If you drive older parents around then the less sporty seats and softer suspension might be a requirement.

Obviously engines are same, so performance is identical

I have the Xcelence Lux with the leather look dash, and more equipment. My wife has a hip problem so the comfort seats with leather side bolsters were a must. However I would have been happy with the FR equipment list, but the high sided seats were difficult so FR didn't work for us. But might be good for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for your advice Lampie, Empcom and Snowdaddy.
Still things to think out about which car to get.
I will let you know what I decide and what colour!

·
Registered
80 Posts
What is your annual mileage? My priorities are now totally different driving 8k a year, compared to when I was driving 50k.
When your car is your office/dining room etc. you have totally different requirements compared to driving to the shops, family visits etc. I now no longer need all the extra gizmos, and spec my car accordingly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would be driving about 10000 a year. mainly leisure and small distances for work.
I like the gizmos and toys on the lux, especially the parking sensors and better trim

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm not sure if the X-Lux is worth the extra, but I'm loving mine!

It clearly has lots of high tech toys, larger wheels, funky colours and stuff, but probably drives only a little differently to lesser versions.

My guess is if you choose carefully, you'll be happy dependant on your own needs.

I was going to buy an Ateca, but no stock, the the X-Lux was still good value on the 0% deal, and just bought it.

The 115hp TSI is a cracking little engine though, real fun to drive...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts