Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool: Hi! New to the forum here! I found myself browsing the forum before purchasing my Arona! It's a 182 (Irish Reg: 2018, 2nd half of the year) and I just love it. I was able to pick up the demo/test drive model with 400kms on the clock for a great deal. Desire Red with Grey Roof and tinted rear windows on SE spec. Irish specs are different: Ireland SE gets alloys, cruise control, front assist, 8inch infotainment with full link.

It's my absolute baby! :) my only one complaint is brake noise! My dealer is having a look at it tomorrow but the brakes are grinding when braking at low speeds. I did however test drive an Ibiza which had the same issue but I need them to have a look at it to settle my mind.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome.

Does it have drum or disc brakes.

I wonder if the brakes are corroded, cars for Ireland leave ship in Setubel, then take another ship. If parked on dockside for a while and there is a storm, can get covered in sea water spray which is corrosive (causes rust)

Need to get dealer to apply a brake cleaner and remove any rust. (Discs will get bit of light surface rust if parked after driving on wet roads, which cleans as soon as brakes applied, but shouldn't be badly rusted on a newish car)

Could also be badly adjusted handbrake which is slightly dragging.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My front brakes still make a grinding noise on light braking at slow speeds. It doesn't seem to affect the functionality.

They clunk once on braking while reversing but I put that down to loose pads. I've driven 4000 miles and the car is out every other day with a 100 mile journey every week so I doubt the discs are at fault.

I suspect it is a design flaw especially if the Ibiza has it too. I will get them checked on the recall for the proper fix for the rear sest belts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Good to meet you all.

Dealer had the car in today and had a look at the brakes, pads, calipers etc. All normal. It's a 'thing' apparently. That's fine by me; I don't mind the noise, I was just a bit worried as to what the hell it was. :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I get a lot of brake dust on the front wheels, but not had any grinding noise from the disks/pads in just over 2000miles.
I do a wheel decontamination using Bilt Hamber Auto-Wheel Cleaner which does a great job of getting rid of this iron deposits and brake dust.
Usually turns deep purple colour on these wheels, also spray the disks as well and leave to dwell for 5 mins, agitate with a wheel brush/woolly and power wash off. Wheels and disks seem to be rust free..

·
Registered
538 Posts
Tuathanach said:
Thanks guys. Good to meet you all.

Dealer had the car in today and had a look at the brakes, pads, calipers etc. All normal. It's a 'thing' apparently. That's fine by me; I don't mind the noise, I was just a bit worried as to what the hell it was. :)
Don't get any brake grinding or clunking on mine. Brakes are very quiet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts