Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
can anybody confirm that Hill Hold is fitted to manual cars or is it just DSG looking at the spec on the Arona PDF brochure it says its there I have tried it a couple of times and does not seem to hold car
But I have run the code through the VAG code reference and cant find it in my vin codes
Mine is FR Manual

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine is manual and hill hold works.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The hill hold works as it should on our FR manual.
It was quite noticeable to me as it seems to hold for much longer than my previous car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, its clearly there on our manual; sit on a slope, traffic lights for example, out of gear, using handbrake or footbrake ensuring engine is running and engage gear.. your vehicle should pause for approximately 2 secs prior to rolling back ( with no brake engaged)

If the engine stops, decrease the pressure on the foot brake and it will restart, if it's held by handbrake....simply dip the clutch and it will start.

Exactly the same on my Octavia estate (auto).

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks All for the Quick replies I will try out this week I think I can see what I am doing wrong :oops:

·
Registered
31 Posts
And if the hill hold timer expires and car starts going backwards it will activate the sensors at the back. I think that if it detects another car it will stop but I did not test this out with cars behind me :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, I thought it didn't work at first. But it does. Only for about 1.5 seconds - but enough time for you to engage a gear and take off when you're used to the vehicle

·
Registered
156 Posts
Brian566 said:
Thanks All for the Quick replies I will try out this week I think I can see what I am doing wrong :oops:
Brian,

Did you manage to get this working? Mine doesn't seem to even on my steep drive, but it might be operator error!

Keith

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a manual Arona FR 1 ltr . On my car the hill hold only works when the foot brake is applied, it does not work with the handbrake.

In the user manual it states the following conditions for the hill assistance to work.

● being on a ramp or hill/slope,
● driver door closed,
● vehicle completely stationary,
● engine running and foot on the brake
● besides having a gear engaged or being in
neutral for manual gear change and with the
selector lever at position S, D or R for an automatic
gearbox.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
keitht said:
Brian566 said:
Brian,

Did you manage to get this working? Mine doesn't seem to even on my steep drive, but it might be operator error!

Keith
Yes I was expecting it to work longer it does old it but only for 2 sec

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.