Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
If there is one in stock in UK, will be available in 2-3 weeks

But Xcelence Lux DSG are popular and unlikely to be in stock. Factory has to accept order (can be few weeks, and factory is closed 6-26 Aug) then 10-12 weeks (for manual Arona) and extra 14 weeks (for popular DSG). So about February (but backlog might go down)

·
Registered
539 Posts
If you order an Ibiza 1.0 tsi 115 DSG then the DSG is extra 4 weeks lead time over the manual, but for the Arona is extra 14 weeks. They are both made on Line 1 at the Martorell factory and I'm not aware of any differences in engine and gearbox (maybe there is something subtle), so have no idea why one takes 10 weeks longer.

If anyone knows the answer, maybe they can advise.

I have heard the reason the DSG takes longer than manual, is someone underestimated the demand for DSG (vs manual), so demand is higher than the planned production capacity. There are (unconfirmed) stories that the Spanish factory unions are strong and blocked bringing in extras from the Skoda and VW plants (which also make 1.0 tsi engines + DQ250 gearbox).

My personal thought is that the Arona (especially the Xcelence Lux spec) has collected orders from the VW T-cross (the smaller T-roc) and Skoda VisionX (because neither are on sale until sometime in 2019). SEAT didn't see this.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Current SEAT lead times from a tame SEAT dealer... Are coming down with the Easy offer and less options which caused the delays DSG petrol is still an horrendous wait:

Updated cw25 2018

(Please note that lead times are calculated from when your order is accepted by the factory, which can often be a number of weeks after it is placed by your dealership)

Mii 10-12 weeks
Ibiza petrol 14-16 weeks
Ibiza diesel 10-12 weeks
Arona 10-12 weeks
Toledo 14-16 weeks
Leon 5dr 14-16 weeks
Leon ST 16-18 weeks
Ateca 10-12 weeks
Alhambra 16-18 weeks

Additional Lead Times

Ibiza 1.0 TSI 115 DSG-auto +4 weeks
Ibiza FR (18" alloy wheels) +2 weeks

Arona 1.0 TSI 115 DSG-auto +14 weeks
Arona FR Sport + 14 weeks

Leon 1.4 EcoTSI 150 +6 weeks
Leon 1.8 TSI 180 DSG-auto +6 weeks
Leon CUPRA +10 weeks
Leon ST CUPRA +18 weeks
Leon FR (17" alloy wheels) +5 weeks
Leon FR (18" PUM alloy wheels) +3 weeks
Leon FR (18" PUK alloy wheels) +12 weeks

Ateca 1.4 EcoTSI 150 +8 weeks
Ateca FR (19" alloy wheels) +12 weeks

·
Registered
355 Posts
My Ex Lux 115 DSG has taken 6 months to get here.
Pick it up tomorrow.
It is Nevada White with a Black Roof. Original Spec, so Alcantara seats and leather dash etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

Ordered Xcellence DSG in week 23. Today I got information that production had been accepted and confirmed for week 36.
Dealer states it should takes up to 12 days to ship it to my location (Szczecin, Poland).

Br

Leszek

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi I have since cancelled my Arona DSG Lux order as I was being mugged off constantly. But according to the @ weekly update from Seat head office ( still getting for some unknown reason) the car is still due to be built, ( for someone else just not for me :D :D ) So they continue to update me. ( interesting nevertheless) I ordered the car week 8 car was accepted by Factory week 12 the car order to date now is week 30 but it still hasn't got a build date lol you couldn't make this up
From Seat Head Office { Thank you for your continued patience. Having checked the status of your order, I can advise that, unfortunately, it has still not been assigned a build week. I appreciate this may not be the update you were hoping for. However, at this time, I have no further details and I am currently awaiting a response from SEAT in order to update you further. As soon as I have received this, I will be in contact with you.

If you would like contact to me in the meantime, please do so via the details below.

Kind regards

Charlotte xxxxx
Customer Relations Manager - Executive Office

·
Registered
539 Posts
Per another forum the waiting time for DSG has decreased for new orders from about 7 months to nearer 5 months

now 20-22 weeks after order accepted by factory

manual gearbox cars about 10 weeks less

1 - 9 of 9 Posts