Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Creating a thread with features that you might not know exist.
Please add to the list with others
Some not on all specs, but some I have found

Can fold mirrors to go through narrow gaps like garage doorways by turning mirror button to fold

Can swap between drive and sport mode by flicking the DSG gearstick back

Can display 3 different mpg readings, since start of journey or since refuel, or long term by holding down thumbwheel then scrolling

If stopped with start stop active, restarts automatically when car in front moves off

Can change the door interior lighting from white to red in infotainment (but annoying no rear interior lights)

Changing the interval switch seems to affect the sensitivity of the auto wipers (not sure exactly what happens here unless the change causes a wipe screen regardless)

Can fold mirrors when leaving car by holding down close button

The sync button on climate control is handy for restoring the temperature when passenger is no longer in car

Seems to be a handy little net in passenger footwell which is great for putting ice scraper or sunglasses case in

Offers to find petrol stations on the map when you are low on fuel

·
Registered
73 Posts
You can close all windows, lock the car and fold in mirrors by pressing and holding the close button on the remote or external driver's door handle.
You can unlock car and open all windows, unfold mirrors by pressing and holding the open button on the remote.
You can add icons to radio stations that don't automatically have them by putting icons on an SD card and placing it in the spare SD slot.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Useful tips, thanks!

Don't put too many about the folding mirrors though - it just reminds me that mine don't fold like they're supposed to! ;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
"Seems to be a handy little net in passenger footwell which is great for putting ice scraper or sunglasses case in "

I wondered what use that was for you cant find it mention in the handbook :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
There is a door under the driver's seat that opens down for some small item storage.
There is a door under the passenger seat that opens down to allow you to store the service manual

·
Registered
74 Posts
The CD player in the glove box, on the passenger side.
:-|
Not mentioned in the specs but in the infotainment manual.
Almost, but not entirely, useless. I guess the dealers use it to install the OS/infotainment and optional bits.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Update the sat nav yourself , if you have basic copy n paste skills on a laptop with a sd card slot (( thanks and full credit to others btw I did not discover the trick file copy that's required , see thread on sat nav update , for full details) also you can unlock the tail gate only if you have comfort access , key in pocket just walk up to tailgate and open it handy if returning to vehicle with parcels etc

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discovered today that if you have a model with keyless entry, you can open just the boot hatch with it. Had thought it only worked with the driver's door.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Turned the infotainment system off yesterday and discovered that the screen reverts to a clock display with a choice of 4 or 5 clock faces. Only discovered by chance as the display is normally on. Shame the satnav display does not incorporate the current time on it for the passenger to see.

·
Registered
420 Posts
DomesticExtremist said:
Turned the infotainment system off yesterday and discovered that the screen reverts to a clock display with a choice of 4 or 5 clock faces. Only discovered by chance as the display is normally on.
That's interesting, how do you swap the clock face?
Just swipe right or left

·
Registered
267 Posts
When turning on the cruisecontrol in busy trafic, just set a higher speed , and the front radar wil adjust your speed and keep a safe distance between the car in front of you. When driving with the automatic DSG7, it even can stop the car completely. then it beeps to tell you, to put your foot on the brake before it will be released .

Scary, at first, but it works fine.

·
Registered
267 Posts
today my son told me a thing about the Arona I didn't knew.

With activated start/stop system, standing still, with your foot on the slow pedal the engine shuts off.
1) release the brake and the engine starts
2) when the car in front of you moves, the engine starts
3) when you turn your steering wheel a tiny bit... your engine starts (this I didn't know)
4) start/stop system in combination with airco works different (noticed today)

I have a DSG7 transmission.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can change songs in listen mode even swiping over the song name (not only pressing the arrow on dislpay or the steering wheel control)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some more hints:

Can change what is available to display and scroll through on the maxi dot, by ticking and unticking boxes in the car - Setting section of infotainment

Mine has some tabs half way down rear seat backrests which you can tuck seat belt into, handy if rare carry passengers but put things on back seat as stops them accidentally caught

There is a small cubby under the drivers seat which is big enough for a yellow safety jacket (extra handy when went to France), but has stayed in it since

You can check when the car thinks it next needs servicing in infotainment car - settings (scroll down to service), probably shows earliest of 2 years or 18600 miles, unless you asked dealer for fixed service (although I am old school, so will do oil change at about 10k miles, as I want car to last 100k+ miles)

If you have LED headlights don't need to make any adjustments when driving on the right, if taking car abroad

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lampie said:
3) when you turn your steering wheel a tiny bit... your engine starts (this I didn't know)
I like this feature a lot as it means I don't have to hover over the clutch while waiting for traffic lights to change.
4) start/stop system in combination with airco works different (noticed today)
I think the a/c needs lots of power to run, so if aircon is on, start/stop is disabled.

·
Registered
122 Posts
DomesticExtremist said:
I think the a/c needs lots of power to run, so if aircon is on, start/stop is disabled.
Are you sure about that? I have my aircon on most of the time and the start/stop system has always remained active.

·
Registered
74 Posts
stottycabanas said:
DomesticExtremist said:
Are you sure about that? I have my aircon on most of the time and the start/stop system has always remained active.
From the manual (p.197):
The system can interrupt the Start-Stop mode
frequently for different reasons.
The engine does not switch off
Before the stopping phase, the system veri-
fies whether certain conditions are met. The
engine does not switch off, in the following
situations for example:
● The engine has not yet reached the mini-
mum required temperature for the Start-Stop
mode.
● The interior temperature selected for the air
conditioner has not yet been reached.
● The interior temperature is very high/low.
● Defrost function button activated
›››  page 48.
● The parking aid* is switched on.
● The battery is very low.
● The steering wheel is overly turned or is be-
ing turned.
● If there is a danger of misting.
● After engaging reverse gear.
● In case of a very steep gradient.

I guess it depends on how many other features and facilities are turned on.
I tend to turn off as much stuff as I can, so Start/Stop works most of the time for me too.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts