Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone else has experienced the below before.

I have Xcellence Lux so has keyless and push to start. I'd say maybe every 1 in 20 times I start the car it 'half starts'.. It's hard to explain but the engine seems to be on but the revs sit at around 500 and the engine noise is very odd and sounds strained, all the warning lights stay illuminated on the dash as well, I've never tried to move off when this happens but instead always turn the engine off and on again and it's always then started fine.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sounds wrong, needs fixing, mine always starts first time

Idles around 900rpm (or about 1100-1200 for first couple of minutes when cold)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've had it happen a couple of times, need to press the button again to stop it, then press again and it's fine. Makes an odd nice while doing it though!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not yet had my Xcellence Lux a week. Taking my son to airport at 4 this morning and the same happened to me. Pressed ignition button to stop it then pressed again and engine started as normal. Bit of a worry in a brand new car on an airport run.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We got ours in Dec 19 and are experiencing the same issue, although this morning on the first attempt to start I had a fob not found message on the first start attempt.

On the second start attempt it did this half start clattery engine sound with no acceleration.

Third start was normal.

Anyone contacted seat about this yet?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine still does it occasionally, I think once or twice since December, due a service Sept so find out then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts