Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has had her Excellence Lux for just over a week now and we are both trying to get our heads around the tech, especially as her old car was an 8 year old Mercedes A Class, what a shell shock!

Anyway, a query for which I can't find a reference in the handbook is that when she starts the car in the morning the heater controls are not illuminated, irrespective of which button she presses, although we do leave it on Auto at 20c. Eventually they do illuminate after a few minutes driving but this must relate to something, eg temperature?

Can someone please tell us the answer.

Thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
Are the lights on Auto (the rotary switch on dashboard on right), there is a light sensor behind the mirror, and I assume you are not parking right under a garage light or streetlight which would confuse it

Next go into the Infotainment, click on car (picture of end of car), and settings
Can't remember exactly, but there is something (and might need to scroll down) that lets you change the interior lighting, and another that auto dims things like maps when light sensor turns on/off the lights.

If car is new, just work through all the settings in sequence choosing what you want, mine came with some stupid settings like assist systems off (and passenger airbag was also off, this has key switch on dashboard end, passenger side). Can also change things like how long headlights stay after locking.

From memory the switches are illuminated whenever the lights are on.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi
I was going to post the same The top row of heater controls only light up when its fully dark outside its the samme issue w7ith instrument lighting
Its all linked to the light sensor the problem it you can't see them in daylight or twilight most would prefer them to be on with the ignition
I dont t hink any settings will change this

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses Snowdaddy and Brian566. I will have a play tomorrow and report back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts