Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just picked up my new Arona FR Sport 2 weeks ago and have been having problems with the infotainment unit just randomly turning itself off. On the first day it tried rebooting several times and the only way I could stop this was pulling and turning the car off and then back on again. Then 2 weeks later and it turned itself off and I was not able to turn it back on. The power button did nothing. Same thing I stopped turned the car off and then back on and the radio worked again. So I got home and I had pulled the key out of the ignition and was about to get out when the radio came on again for no reason. Once again turn the car on and off to be able to switch it off. I never had this problem with my previous Arona. Any advice would be appreciated as I don't want to be stuck with the problems for the next 4 years that I have the car. Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have had this with my Arona since new - last 10 months.

It had a complete new infotainment system fitted as it died completely when 2 months old.

Since that time - the new unit has been working - intermitently it shows the following issues - turning off, restarting, no volume or no volume control, no rear cameras, no nav, no apple car play, no phone connection(nearly all time) when apple car play is working - you can not get out of it.

Finally had enough - after my wife nearly crashed trying to get radio to work - so just swapped cars - went for Audi Q2 - has the older tech with the rotary selector - more money - and lot less tech - No Blind Spot / No Lane Assist / No rear traffic alert / No Climate Control / No ACC.... hopefully will be more reliable... will miss the ACC though..

The issue is software related and VW are working on it.

Speaking with VW dealer the issue arose on ID 3, ID4, ID5 and Golf 8.... which has the touch screen - no buttons.

The Kamiq also seems to have the issue - but not the Kodiaq or Karoq - they seem to have the older style system - even if its full touch screen.

You can take it to the dealers - but in the end - mine said nothing they can do - waiting VW - but give them a call to log the issue - then give Customer Services a call - they were very helpful for me - and got the unit changed at 2 months when it died completely and my dealer said - wait for VW.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Its a really weird issue this. Got my FR Sport DSG (New shape with fogs) back in December 2021. Had zero issues with the Infotainment system until Feb 2022 when it decided it was going to re boot after about 30 secs, every time, from starting. Then randomly, the day before i was going to take it to the dealers, it starting working fine again. I've not had any issues since. Seems no rhyme nor reason for the issues. This is probably why VWG are finding it so hard to fix!

·
Registered
2022 Arona FR 1.5 DSG
59 Posts
Very common problem across all VAG cars with this headunit, took mine to dealers who couldn't fix it,said they were waiting for Seat to resolve the random shutdown reboot issues,they told me to do a hard reset by holding the power button down until the Seat logo shows, I had already tried that to no avail, If I leave the car doors open for around five minutes, key not in ignition, the radio switches on and will only switch off when I lock the car?? The Satnav on a couple of trips shows my position still parked on my drive even after driving about two miles from home, cr*p system, nowhere near as good as my last Arona and can't see VW fixing it any time soon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts