Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, picked up our Xcellence Lux yesterday, fantastic car. It arrived with 4.7 miles on the clock, now up to the dizzy heights of 20 but still returned 41mpg through traffic on the way home. Spent the afternoon trying to get my brain around the satnav settings and the options with the reconfigurable instruments. It will stay tucked up this weekend as the forecast is awful but will be out playing next week.

Delivered in 4 weeks from order, it was a dealer pre-order without the black roof that I would have liked but it still looks good, what do you think from the photo?

The car is a 2019 model and came with the leather dash but without the heated seats. Asking the dealer about this, it looks like they were shown as standard on the on-line spec sheet for about 3 weeks in August when there was a shortage of the Alcantara upholstery and the factory fitted the seats from the SE Tech Lux instead, then they changed to the Microsuede without the heating instead, shame as the heated ones would have been nice having got used to them on our Sportage, still they do feel good. A way of paying for the new dash I suppose.

Decided to go with the optional dealer supplied spare wheel instead of the aftermarket one from the supply in Manchester someone else has mentioned together with mud flaps, both are still awaited so the dealer is going to fit them FOC and refill the tank with fuel to compensate for the mucking around which I thought was good.

Having an aftermarket detachable towbar fitted next week for the trailer we use.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congratulations! Nice all in red :) Enjoy the ride :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi looks Great
Can you check if you have the manual and service book and Seat assistance book
Mine has no Service Book or Seat assistance book have they stopped them in paper issues
My last Seat In march had all three

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi

To clarify, you haven't really missed out on heated seats as they were only fitted to various 1st Edition models and then withdrawn - even as an option!

I have an 18' model FR Sport with the Alcantara seats - but no standard fit seat heating.

I have since had heated seats retro fitted to great effect at a cost of around £350. Will supply details if interested.

Hope this helps.

Keith

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Keith, the info would be of interest, concerning the books, I only have the handbook, no service or Seat Assistance, will ask at the dealers when the wheel and flaps are fitted.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks Keith, the info would be of interest, concerning the books, I only have the handbook, no service or Seat Assistance, will ask at the dealers when the wheel and flaps are fitted.
I have only the Handbook as well

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont know, will have a look

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Bob,

Your near car looks great! Enjoy the drive and let us know anything you like or dislike!
I can't wait to take our Arona for the first drive :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,
I just took delivery of my Arona and was told that they no longer supply service books as the records "are kept digitally". I have asked what I do to access these records and when I want to sell the vehicle and prove its service record. Not had a reply yet!

By the way Keith, could you give me details of the retro fit Heated seats - are you happy with them? A dealer told me that they would be fitted for about £400, with a rocker switch on the side of the seat, is that what you have?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Woody12 said:
Hi,
I just took delivery of my Arona and was told that they no longer supply service books as the records "are kept digitally". I have asked what I do to access these records and when I want to sell the vehicle and prove its service record. Not had a reply yet!

Sounds dubious.
We took delivery on 5th September of our FR and got a stamped service book.
With my previous vehicles, which were Mazda, there was a digital service record. You could get a print out from any Mazda dealer or other motor trader registered on the system. They gave you a print out after each service
You could also access the digital service record via the "My Mazda" phone app.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi I took delivery of a Arona SE Tech in March with Owners handbook Service Book and Seat Roadside Assistance Book . Picked up a New Arona FR on 21st September NO Service book NO Roadside Assistance Still trying to sort it out Dealers says it came without > Seat said it should have the service book. But rang again Now not sure !!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.