Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I took delivery of my FR Sport 1.5 over the weekend. 330ish miles in and I'm loving it so far! The car is Mystery Blue with Midnight Black roof, and despite ordering a space saver spare wheel when I ordered the car (that was the only option from the factory on the dealers order page) it has come with a full size spare wheel.

All in the car has taken just over 18 weeks to arrive, after making my order at the end of December last year. That's well over the 12-14 weeks I was quoted but not the end of the world.

I have to say that I am very impressed with the new 1.5 TSI EVO engine that VW has come up with. When I test drove the Arona back in December they only had the 1.0 115ps available in a standard FR, and the 1.5 is very different from what I remember. It's very quiet until it gets to about 2500-3000 revs but from the driving I've done so far (town, motorway, B and A roads) you don't have to work the engine much over 2000 revs, unlike the 1.0 where it has to rev a lot higher to get you going and is therefore noisier. On a 230 mile motorway trip I managed to get 48mpg out of the 1.5 without really trying to be economical (AC on all trip, 70mph...ish most of the way, 4-5 stop start traffic spots). The range also says after having done approx 330 miles that there is still another 170ish left, so I think I'll easily get 450 miles on the tank. And that's all on a brand new engine that is still being run in.

I've also played around with the sport and normal driving modes and there is a noticeable difference in the adaptive suspension, steering, and throttle response. The car definitely leaned less in sport mode, and while it was firmer over bumps they weren't harsh.

Registered
Looks great! I do think this is the best trim level. Love the colour combo, this is what I'm hoping to get. Just need to find the right PCH deal 馃榾. Hope you enjoy!

Registered

Registered
Snowdaddy said:
Benji1996 said:
Looks great! I do think this is the best trim level. Love the colour combo, this is what I'm hoping to get. Just need to find the right PCH deal 馃榾. Hope you enjoy!
Here is a link to 143 PCH deals for 1.5 FR Sport which might help your search

https://www.contracthireandleasing.com/personal/car-leasing/seat/arona/
Cheers for that. The best I've found is 拢702 deposit and 拢234 a month for 36 months with 8k miles a year.

Registered
Can't honestly fully agree that a mere 115 hp in the one litre petrol means a need to rev it for performance. Having been run in my experience is 3000 rpm is hard to exceed unless you crazily delay a gear change. Very happy with engine choice and response.

Each to their own. Bit like colour choices. Beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder. Enjoy! Rather fancy this one myself..purely subjective. Just play it on mute , I'd suggest.

Registered
Looks good this is the same as i've ordered. Can you confirm if it has the drive profile as according to the seat configuration this isn't part of the spec anymore.

I haven't been told that the spec has changed for the FR Sport and i'm sure it was included when I ordered way back in January.

Still waiting for mine and still unconfirmed at WB 24.

Should be getting my courtesy car on Friday as I should have had my new car by now.

It had better be worth the wait.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes my car has the Drive Profile, from what I can see from a quick look around the spec hasn't changed and you will get it. I'd be very surprised if they did get rid of it as it's mainly just software, with the exception of the "dynamic chassis control" which is the adaptive suspension dampers.

Registered
Thanks for the reply. Looks like i'll be waiting a bit longer for mine as now moved to no build week as they have now have an issue with supply of the Alcantara seats.

Getting beyond a joke now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.