Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have an FR 1.6 TDI. Jut a great machine, really. We are satisfied totally, but...

There is one (actually two) annoying problem that makes me crazy and wonder if I do something wrong or the system has some fault: At the trunk the Kessy (keyless) system tends to work only in every 5th attempt. Else I have to take out key and press the middle button (the general opening button doesnt open trunk). I just can not get it if its some individual problem or have you had the same experience? What do I do wrong?

The door works great.

(another problem is a squeezing rubber noise at gear changing from the stick itself. Its not the noise of the grear shifting mechanism (it appeared first after 100 miles and it haunts me since then), but maybe some noise of a rubber bell (?) under the rock of the stick. Anybody with same experince?

Sorry for my English.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My KESSY on the boot opens /works first time and operates very smoothly and works instantly when the key is in my hand or in my pocket when Im standing by the boot / trunk although the KESSY on the drivers door on mine tends to have a knack to it.
Sometimes locks again before it opens. Although Im probably not used to it yet.

There are two sensors , one for Drivers side and one for the boot . They work Indepentendly.
The key fob needs to be at that side of the car close to that sensor. If for example the driver is holding a key close to the drivers side then the boot in theroy could be out of range of the key. The Key needs to by the boot / trunk area.

But it does actually work by 'touching the handle first'
Try touching the Boot handle for a split second by Seat emblem /badge on boot before opening to see if it works and opens smoother.
Of offering the fob close to the Seat badge on the boot then opening.

You could try cleaning the proximity sensor on boot if its dirty.
You could try the 2nd key to see if it works better , could then be low batteries or a faulty fob or a fob that needs resetting.

As for the Gearbox problem , Im not familar yet with the Arona layout and where the gearbox sits and the rods come off of it from memory ,but could be has something fallen down in the engine compartment by the gearbox not allowing the mechanisim on the outside of the gear box to operate smoothly , therefore obsrtucting the gearshift. Such as an un-clipped pipe or cable cluster etc or something under the gearstick gaiter come out of place or perhaps thats fitted too tightly on one side ? That would explain the noises you are experiancing. Very difficult to know without inspecting.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your help. I've tried second key too but result is the same. Hectic, sporadic results.
However I think as the car being three months old, even those batteries should not be depleted.

I had the same problem like you do at driver's door and the resolution was this: remove your fingers fron behind the door handle as the opening (inside) and closing (outside) sensor try to work simultan way. So if you want to close, remove your fingers and then use thumb.

I'll try soft touching of trunk's sensor though I think it is supposed to work in the most simple eays. Thats their purpose.

I think i'll get the car to service after 10000 km to change oil anyway and I'll ask them to eliminate that noise.

Thanks, again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I talked to the service guy. The car's trunk lock should be repaired. Either its a sensor problem or some badly set mechanical issue.

Squeezing sound from shift stick is an abnormality too. It should be greased probably or that kind of dust protector should be set.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The Kessy is the same as I had on the golf, except that was on both front doors and boot.
Easiest way to close is just hold the back of your hand.fingers against the sensor on the handle.

if you hold again the sensor the Mirrors will retract after a few seconds.
This is annoying when it is peeing with rain.
I still need to change this in VCD, as convenience mode can be activated so the mirrors close on one touch lock.

To open just put your hand inside the handle. and it will unlock.
So very simple to use.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The trunk's lock (its built in with sensor, cam, and thr lock itself has been replaced in service and I was informed this problem occurs frequently in VW group cars like Skoda, VW too. So not the key, not the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts