Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a knocking / rattle type noise when I accelerate. it's a 1.0 115bhp Excellence. The dealer thinks it's a driveshaft issue and has ordered the part.

Car has only 1500k on clock. According to the dealer there's a technical advisory on this noise and the temperature of both engine and air that the noise develops. I don't know if it's right or left or both drives that are affected, and whether this is the source of the noise until this work is carried out. Anyone else experiencing this ratattat rattle ( a bit like a loose exhaust ) when putting the foot down?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
mynameismanuel said:
I have a knocking / rattle type noise when I accelerate. it's a 1.0 115bhp Excellence. The dealer thinks it's a driveshaft issue and has ordered the part.

Car has only 1500k on clock. According to the dealer there's a technical advisory on this noise and the temperature of both engine and air that the noise develops. I don't know if it's right or left or both drives that are affected, and whether this is the source of the noise until this work is carried out. Anyone else experiencing this ratattat rattle ( a bit like a loose exhaust ) when putting the foot down?
....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Pleased for you manuel. Thanks for the update.

That garage clearly giving you great support and it's good to see they've got your back on this promo car. Have a great Bank Holiday , er, week end. Just remembered you said Ireland based.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I have the same issue but it also includes under braking, low speed manoeuvring and using my wiper blades over a certain speed (60plus) I took it back to the dealer thinking it was something to do with the steering or passenger side wheel (before the wipers started causing the noise) but they found nothing. The sound is coming from the passenger footwell area. :|
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I have had the same issue (knocking / rumbling from front left under acceleration). Car is at the garage and it appears to be a drive shaft part. The engineer showed it to me and it felt very notch whilst the right hand side one was smooth. Model is 1.0 115 dsg Xcellence Lux. Now awaiting the part. A real shame for a brand new car which is otherwise fantastic (but rubbishy illuminated inside!).

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Jp73 said:
I have had the same issue (knocking / rumbling from front left under acceleration). Car is at the garage and it appears to be a drive shaft part. The engineer showed it to me and it felt very notch whilst the right hand side one was smooth. Model is 1.0 115 dsg Xcellence Lux. Now awaiting the part. A real shame for a brand new car which is otherwise fantastic (but rubbishy illuminated inside!).

John
Hi John, my Arona is experiencing exactly the same issue. Did your garage tell you how long it would take to replace the part?, Thanks, Charlie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
mynameismanuel said:
I have a knocking / rattle type noise when I accelerate. it's a 1.0 115bhp Excellence. The dealer thinks it's a driveshaft issue and has ordered the part.

Car has only 1500k on clock. According to the dealer there's a technical advisory on this noise and the temperature of both engine and air that the noise develops. I don't know if it's right or left or both drives that are affected, and whether this is the source of the noise until this work is carried out. Anyone else experiencing this ratattat rattle ( a bit like a loose exhaust ) when putting the foot down?
Do you have more information on the details your garage gave you about this issue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
The car is still at the garage after 4 weeks. They have replaced both drive shafts and a wheel bearing but have not been able to locate the issue. It is very concerning and we have raised it with Seat customer services and have been given a reference number but nothing else yet. The car has now been with the garage for longer than it has been in our possession. There appears to be a general shortage of Seat engineers in Cumbria. Thankfully we have a courtesy car but now want a new replacement for the Arona.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Hi all, I am hearing a similar noise , a sort of hollow knocking noise coming from the left front on my 1.6 TDI 115 SE Tech Lux. It is mainly under acceleration and at high way speeds there is a constant rumbling. Does that sounds familiar?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
That sounds very similar - my noise was definitely from the front left but only when the engine was at relatively high power (I.e. full throttle and revs over 2000 and most noticeable if going up hill). Seat customer services are involved but the car remains at a Seat dealership after 4.5 weeks. Thankfully we still have a courtesy car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Unfortunately the dealership have been unable to establish the cause of the noise so after 5 weeks want their courtesy car back (understandable). We are planning to reject the vehicle which we obtained via Seat Finance pcp. Can anyone provide any advice on how to do this or know anyone who can? I will also contact honestjohn website for advice.

Thanks

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Jp73 said:
Unfortunately the dealership have been unable to establish the cause of the noise so after 5 weeks want their courtesy car back (understandable). We are planning to reject the vehicle which we obtained via Seat Finance pcp. Can anyone provide any advice on how to do this or know anyone who can? I will also contact honestjohn website for advice.

Thanks

John
I think you ring the finance company and explain that dealer has not been able to fix it and you will be rejecting. They should advise what happens financially, might be some sort of part month to pay. Then go to the dealer. They might be able to swap it for new one from stock, or might be a case of starting again.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Had the car looked at by dealer today and they heard the noise too. They checked with Seat technical department and were told the noise was normal... At least it's logged and it's not the drivetrain issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Car is still at the dealers after 7.5 weeks, new driveshafts and wheelbearings. They have apparently now changed the DSG clutches and are now working on the shims - whatever they are. We haven't started the rejection process because we did like the car (as far as we could tell having only had it for 4 weeks). This does seem utterly ridiculous now though - 7.5 weeks! Thankfully still have a courtesy car - although hugely inferior compared to the one we are paying for.

Has anyone else had issues with the DSG box?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Hi Jp73,

At least they are giving you the courtesy car for the entire duration, which they should given the issues the car is having!
Sounds like they are methodically replacing the entire drivetrain, part by part. Are you able to reject the car and request a replacement?

Good luck and I hope you have your Arona back soon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I have 1.6 tdi tech lux just 2 montus old and have been experiencing same noisy rattle when accelerating etc. Noise seems to be from front left.
I have left car in dealership and they say Seat have recognised this problem and that it needs a software update.
To me this does not sound like a software issue. But i am not taking car back until problem is fully resolved.
I have been given a rental car but am really annoyed by inconvenience this has caused and have little faith in the reliability of the car now.
Has anyone else had problems with the rear seatbelts? As dealer mentioned there was another problem with them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Hi Ammcn,

Can you please let us know what the software fix is when you get the car back? A Seat reference would be brilliant or the name of your garage. Hopefully I can get my local garage to put the same fix in.

I am doubtful though that it's a software issue, mine sounds rather mechanical.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I dont think it is a software issue either.
To me that sounds like bs.
But I'll let you know if there is any update
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top