Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some Led bulbs delivered today to replace the indicator bulbs. I can't understand why they have all led rear lights apart form 3 bulbs. Not only that the orange looks naff with the clear lenses. I got canbus error free and not warning has come on and they flash at the correct rate. Biggest pain is the faff design to remove the bulbs, unless plastic flange that you need to be triple jointed to be able to get your hand on but result was worth it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Got a pair of these on order from Germany £110 the pair, easy to fit if your competent enough

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like that, got to resist spending too much on it as not keeping it too long.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
Got some Led bulbs delivered today to replace the indicator bulbs. I can't understand why they have all led rear lights apart form 3 bulbs. Not only that the orange looks naff with the clear lenses. I got canbus error free and not warning has come on and they flash at the correct rate. Biggest pain is the faff design to remove the bulbs, unless plastic flange that you need to be triple jointed to be able to get your hand on but result was worth it.
I don't suppose to managed to take any photos of the process then? Would be really handy to post on here if you did :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah just the same as changing the normal.bulbs. in the boot there is little squares in the corners behind the light cluster, ease these out and there is a white course screw in plastic bolt/wingnut. It's spring loaded and a little bit awkward to undo but once you get it going is soon comes out. Then you just gently pull the light unit from the outside straight back, but not too hard. Once it's moved out a couple of inches you'll see the loom going into a black plastic section, it's about 2 inches by 2 inches. On this is four clips, 2 either side, gently ease this with a flat Blade screwdriver and then pull light unit away and you'll see the indicator bulb which is push and twist. Change the bulb and no the reverse. Takes about 5 minutes per side.
Like I say worse bit is the plastic Bolt thing, it has flat edges you can either get your fingers too or some pointy nose.pliers, just go careful as the plastic is quite brittle.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, that's what I bought and fitted.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks Dolphin. Did you replace the reversing light too?

Also, does anyone know what type of bulb the front fogs are? It doesn't say anywhere in the manual from what I can see.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven't replaced the reverse bulb yet as most seem to come in a twin pack. Not sure about the fog light bulbs although going to leave mine as they don't come on as turning lights as in fog probably better off with a slightly softer light (plus the fronts lol a bit of a faff to be honest).

·
Registered
73 Posts
I haven't replaced the reverse bulb yet as most seem to come in a twin pack. Not sure about the fog light bulbs although going to leave mine as they don't come on as turning lights as in fog probably better off with a slightly softer light (plus the fronts lol a bit of a faff to be honest).
Can you please take some pictures of the fitting process if you do decide to change more bulbs?

Cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
The site you linked to allows you to pick a single or double pack doesn't it? Although the bulbs do work out more expensive individually unless you can find someone to go halves with.

Good point about wanting a softer light for the front fogs though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your right it does allow single pack as well, but nearly as expensive as the double with the postage.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I thought I'd have a look at how to change the amber indicator bulbs, but all I could see was a spring loaded white plastic knob which was impossible to turn. Does this release the whole light assembly? I
I'll try and post some photos

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's the part you need to turn, they are ridiculously tight and a pain to get your hand around, try some long nose pliers to get it going. Once it's undone the whole light unit slides out and there's room to pop the backing cover off and change the bulb without unplugging from the loom. Doing them up is just as much of a pain.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here are some pictures in case anyone is interested

·
Registered
73 Posts
I also tried to see how to get the reversing light out without success any clues? I did find one clip marked with arrow but didn't want to force anything

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks like you would gently ease those and slide the holder back but the clips seem to what to destroy your fingers at every opportunity

1 - 20 of 29 Posts