Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm new to the group a motobility customer and I'm starting off with a gripe. I ordered my Arona on February 28th and have only yesterday been given a build week and estimated delivery of early June. The customer service from my dealer is shocking, if I knew how had it was I would of ordered at the dealership near family members in another part of Scotland an not my local one. Has anyone else had rubbish customer service from Seat?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Your lucky
I ordered mine mid Feb, and I still have not got a build date or confirmed delivery date yet.
I been chasing my dealer, and they have said nothing is confirmed yet..
I am too getting a little cheesed off.
Been in 2 minds wether to cancel or not now... since so many others ordered after me have got build dates etc.
and i am in Hampshire.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did A LOT of research to find the perfect car for my needs and if there was a reasonably cheap alternative I would of cancelled mine by now. My best advice is to pester the hell out of your dealer

Arona Excellence lux 1.0tsi 115ps DSG Eclipse orange with midnight black roof

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered on 23rd Feb Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0 DSG Desire Red with Midnight Black Roof. Check with dealer last week no build date yet. Bristol area.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems that Seat underestimated the demand for this car and the dealers are nearing the brunt of the issues

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well did not help with all that aggro in Barcelona, that must have put a delay right at the start.
Also I think that SEAT thought that the SE Tech would be the biggest seller, so they pre-made a load, but seems that the Excellence Lux and FR's are the the ones people are buying.
I have gone for an Excellence Lux 1.0TSi 115PS DSG in Nevada White with Black Roof.
and Like you the Price point on this is SO good that it put the T-Roc into 2nd place.
Otherwise it would have been a T-Roc i ordered.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Think your probably right judging by the fact nearly all the ones on auto trader for sale are se or se tech

·
Registered
355 Posts
You look at the reviews, and all of them are all saying that the SE Tech will be the one to go for.
But what with the great deals, people have shifted up to the FR and above.
So has thrown a spanner in the works, and they under estimated the amount of people wanting DSG boxes.
Thinking we would all go for Manuals..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Have to say I was all ready and happy to order an SE Tech as the reviews had said that was the one to go for ... But the deal I got worked out so good I could go up into the FR model within my budget so I went for that one instead 😊

·
Registered
355 Posts
Same with me and i got the Excellence Lux, and it had all the toys i wanted and added a camera which i was not overly worried about.
But looking out the rear window, camera will make it easier on parking, and with park pilot for those times when your just feeling VERY LAZY, and can't be assed.
let the car sort it out instead.. Yes as you get older you do get like that somedays...
Never thought i would, but you do. I don't have park pilot on the Golf, So i do the its good enough parking... LOL.
So occasional I will use the park pilot on my Lazy days LOL.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We ordered our FR Sport back in January and it took us a long time to get a confirmed build date. We were quoted 10 to 12 weeks delivery but when I spoke with Seat Uk today they said we should have been told 16 weeks would have been more likely.

Can I ask what Scottish dealership you ordered from?

·
Registered
116 Posts
When we collected ours at the weekend, the dealer said the waiting list is getting longer. We ordered ours on launch day back in November so was one of the first to order but still only just collected it. I certainly wouldnt wait any longer than we did. After all it's only a middle of the road kinda car. ( it's not a Ferrari or Aston I mean.) Think they need to expand their factory at this rate.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi I am also a mobility customer and although the delay is annoying it is not the end of the world to me as I already have use of another car.
I feel for the 1st time mobility customer who put their trust in Seat only to be informed much later (months later) that their much-needed independence will have to be delayed for up to another 4 weeks.
Very disingenuous imo as they could/should have informed customers a lot earlier based on their previous knowledge of missed delivery dates.
I suspect they are still continuing to tell customers that the wait is only 10/12 weeks.
The bosses need to understand that this new build may need time to gain momentum before their 12-week delivery date is achievable

·
Registered
27 Posts
CrippledGinge said:
I did A LOT of research to find the perfect car for my needs and if there was a reasonably cheap alternative I would of cancelled mine by now. My best advice is to pester the hell out of your dealer

Unfair to hassle the dealer, as THEY are in the same boat as you. NO CARS TO SELL. My local dealer won't even part with their demo car.

Since Brexit the buzz phrase is "IT IS WHAT IT IS"..... Patience is a virtue.

PS, still awaiting mine, supposedly being built end of this week or next. Then Stock piling before transporting to UK. So End April, or early May.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Craig200588 said:
We ordered our FR Sport back in January and it took us a long time to get a confirmed build date. We were quoted 10 to 12 weeks delivery but when I spoke with Seat Uk today they said we should have been told 16 weeks would have been more likely.

Can I ask what Scottish dealership you ordered from?
I ordered from Morrison's Seat Stirling

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
carryonvending said:
CrippledGinge said:

Unfair to hassle the dealer, as THEY are in the same boat as you. NO CARS TO SELL. My local dealer won't even part with their demo car.

PS, still awaiting mine, supposedly being built end of this week or next. Then Stock piling before transporting to UK. So End April, or early May.
I only hassled them as from ordering I had been told absolutely nothing not even an email to say that they had no news but would update when the they could.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Glad we have this forum to see that we are all playing the waiting game. I just wish dealerships would proactively keep in touch. I am sure all the waiting will be worth it in the end. Our X Lux is being built next week so we might have it sometime end of May or June.

·
Registered
299 Posts
It goes to show the supply issues, autotrader is currently listing only 35 arona's for sale. In comparison the t-roc has 116 for sale and both have been available for about the same amount of time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
CrippledGinge said:
carryonvending said:
CrippledGinge said:

I only hassled them as from ordering I had been told absolutely nothing not even an email to say that they had no news but would update when the they could.
I wasn't being rude in any way. Two Dealers I know are tearing their hair out trying to get info from SEAT, however the conduit seems to be blocked. I can't confirm this, but I've heard that deals on the Ateca are rising to the top, as Arona alternative.
Keep the faith, and enjoy which one you buy, WHEN YOU GET IT !

1 - 20 of 30 Posts