Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Yeti PCP deal finishes in a few months and I'm looking for a replacement.
Nothing in the current ŠKODA stable interests me.. Karoq is too wide and expensive.
Seriously impressed with the Arona, however .....

Had more or less decided the VR gave me everything I wanted in terms of price/kit, esp. flappy paddles for DSG (if I could get on with the sports seats).
But a rear camera is only available on the XCELLENCE LUX ! Effectively, the camera will cost me just short of £2000 and I'm not interested in the extra kit, especially Kessy....

Why are Seat so restrictive in the options allowed in each version (or have I missed something) ?

Also, could anyone who has specified the spare wheel any view on how badly it impacts boot space ?

Thanks ....

·
Registered
299 Posts
Can't say about the boot, but the no options thing is a new idea from seat that is supposedly there to reduce build/wait tines. Im sure if you've read the ever growing lead times. To be fair I had all the extras that on xcellence lux, I've now got fr sport and don't really miss those items.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dolphin, don't think I would miss anything else on LUX, but reversing camera pretty much deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Think there's plenty of retro fit options about for those, not sure of the costs mind

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Peterson , f r sport - excellence lux. F r has sports seats , lux has lux seats, also lux has keyless entry, blind spot detection , rear cross traffic alert, adaptive cruise control,front park sensor, rear view camera , park assist. Rich

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine also came with spare wheel with no compromise to boot space. Rich

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Rich, pleased to hear good news re boot space.
I'd be happy to take adaptive c/c with camera but less keen on kessy...
Eclipse orange w. Grey roof looks reall nice scheme. Congrats.

Have to say, as a general point in my view, Arona is a vast improvement on the 'bland' Karoq !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi , Peterson , 12 years 4 clios. Am so happy I made the change. I love this car no negatives at all. I got car on the 1st and have covered 900 + miles. The car is in normal mode and I am getting late 40 mpg. I love the smooth ride , quite drive and punchy engine. The kit is amazing for the money. 👍👍👍rich

·
Registered
299 Posts
You can't get it on the fr models. Only xcellence and xcellence lux.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Everyones different.
We've had cameras in cars in the past I still do in my van and can honestly say it never gets used in the cars due do them having windows to look out of. I only use the van camera when I'm having to park an inch away from something so I know when to stop. I find them alien looking down at a screen not at your mirrors. Went for FR so no camera for us anymore.

·
Registered
75 Posts
almac said:
Anyone know if the FR comes with the engine start button or is that part of the keyless entry pack ?
It's part of the keyless entry pack. You get the standard turn key ignition in the FR's.

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Ollie..confusing when you look at some of the interior videos of FR on u tube and quite a few show the starter button displayed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
almac said:
Thanks Ollie..confusing when you look at some of the interior videos of FR on u tube and quite a few show the starter button displayed.
That's because they're not UK spec cars. If you go onto the Seat configurator for Spain or Germany, they have loads of different options that can be added onto the car (heated seats, keyless entry, blind spot detection, etc...).

Here is the German configurator for those that are interested: http://konfigurator.seat.de/seat-cc/desktop-desktop-007_DEFAULT-de-normal.view;jsessionid=FC042769ADC73F82CD856702738E3C77.jvm3?msk=1

Seat UK decided to try something different in the UK and they "picked" all the options for each different model for us. I think the idea behind it was it to simplify the buying process, make lead times quicker, and make the price cheaper when compared to the European market. (Edit: I've just spec'd up a FR 1.5 on the German configurator to match the spec of the UK FR Sport 1.5, the price came to €25825 which is about £22775 at the current exchange rate. The FR Sport 1.5 in the UK is £22040, that's £735 cheaper than in Germany.)

·
Registered
355 Posts
The cars in the Germany are generally more expensive.
They don't really have the same way of configuring cars as we do in the UK.
They do different versions but this is usually only related to the engine and drive train, maybe alloys.
The rest is all options, so radio, sat nav, heated seats, fog lights, etc.etc.etc. the list goes on. is all an additional add on.
Where as we expect more toys in with the different model selections.
Getting the road tax and MOT(TÜV) is all different, as for the tax you need to book in and go to a local Kraftfahrzeugamt (DVLA), and get the tax sticker applied to your Numberplate.
Also if your going to Germany make sure that you have your Emissions sticker (Umweltplakett) in the window for driving in german cities.
as they have Umweltzone, Environmental Zones, and most need a Green Sticker No.4.
As get caught and you will be fined, and it is an on spot fine if you happen to be with the car, or is some cases they will tow it away.
Also in france in Paris they have the CriticAir Sticker, which will roll out across the country too.
But i digress.. lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi there like you my pcp skoda deal had ended Fabia mark three , I have went for the Arona excellence , no problem with shard wheel doesn't impact on boot space. Arona is five days old and I'm loving it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Willie,
Hope you don't mind me asking...
Did you ...
1) return Fabia to Skoda dealer
2) was Seat dealer inrerested in p/ex against Arona to do another pcp
3) straight p/ex against pcp

?

·
Registered
135 Posts
And I took the new Arona on a pcp deal
Got s cracking deal by getting quotes from other seat dealers near me , Dundee Inverness then got great deal in aberdeen ,very happy plus downloaded test drive voucher and secured the deal before Xmas at lower apr !!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts