Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lads and ladies !

I just noticed that the piece of plastic that is attached to the lower end of the windscreen has come loose on both sides of my car. You can push it in place, but it will just come loose again. I'm going to ask my dealer about this on friday but I would like your opinion also; is it something to be concerned about ? I'm think about water leakage, the possibility of water entering the car. What do you guys think ?

Regards
Monmouth

·
Registered
299 Posts
alot of cars have a plastic gripper fitted to the lower edge of the windscreen. The plastic scuttle, the piece you have your hand on, is then push fitted into this gripper, there will be a plastic flange running under the scuttle. Usually a good whack with the flat of heel of your palm along the edge of the scuttle will secure it, you may hear a click as it locks in (you can also do it with a soft headed mallet if you feel confident). There is potential for water to enter the cabin as depending where the pollen filter is mounted, water can run down the screenand under the scuttle and into the pollen filter and then into the footwell via the firewall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts