Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any other forum members lost any of their black plastic wheel nut caps?
I lost the first one after about a week, I contacted dealer and they asked was it a locking one or just an ordinary nut, so presumably they must be different, I told them a locking one.
I fitted the replacement and then made a point of going around the car and checking all the others were firmly pushed on.
Cleaning the car this morning and notice that another one missing, once again it was a locking nut cover.
The first one lost on the O/S/F and the latest one was the N/S/F,,,anyone?
Just to add, the car is 9 weeks old.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keitht, thanks very much for that,,,,we should not have to pay for replacements when the original ones are obviously not fit for the purpose.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, am I right in assuming that only the locking ones come adrift?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have now lost all four plastic covers that "fit" over the locking wheel nuts, even though I checked that they are all fully pushed on every week, something for new owners to look out for perhaps.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My husband's Ateca has also lost the cover over the locking wheel nut. It must be a Seat fault!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The replacement ones I bought I have smeared a small amount of contact adhesive to the inside, waited until it was completely dry then fit, until now I've not lost any more.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks Bonzo - worth knowing that! We will buy a replacement & hope it stays put!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have lost four in total, two before the first service which the dealer replaced FOC and two before the second which he charged me for. Always the locking ones that go for a walk!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try my solution,,, ( no pun intended) smear a very thin layer of contact adhesive on the inside of the cap, wait for it to completely dry and place back, you will instantly notice better resistance, a word of warning though, don't overdo the adhesive as they will be difficult to remove.
Worked for me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My solution after getting 2 new ones from dealer foc was to wrap black insulation tape around the cover and fold over excess into the middle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts