Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I was contacted this morning by my SEAT regarding my not so recent order (jan 15th) and was informed that the trim was being changed from Alcantara to a cloth trim.
I asked if the dash would be the same and i was told yes but on looking at the comments on this forum it looks like its gonna be the hard white plastic dash!
...im not too happy about either!

I as yet have no build date and im ingormed once they get a build week it will tale a further 5 weeks till i get my car.

Do i have the right to cancel this order with SEAT and motobility as they have changed the spec of the car ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't see why not Motabilty are a customer just like anyone else as are you and if your not happy with the spec because they changed after you ordered it then i would give Motabilty a call and ask them, i'm also a Motabilty customer and they have always been helpful in the past phone them and see what they say. Tel no 0300 456 4566, all the best Rick

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Mskaz I'm probably in the same position as you being a Motability scheme customer, Only difference is I've not heard anything from my dealer or from Seat, I'm do to change my currant vehicle on 8th May!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Guys
Just for interest i to ordered a Xcellence lux 115 with DSG back at the start of January (4th) with Motability, i heard very little from my dealer or Seat so i emailed Seat in Spain to try and get some info ie build date,delivery times ect they in turn had Seat uk phone me, i was told car was due to be built in week 15 ( 9th April 12 weeks after ordering ) and i should get it sometime in May, they did pay me compensation for the delay.
Now i just hope it was built to the original spec

·
Registered
10 Posts
You don't have to accept the car if its not the spec you ordered.

So say you got to the dealership found out that your Arona was not the spec you wanted and everything was different you don't have to enter your pin and can walk away then call Motability they will advise you to go and order a car from elsewhere.

https://www.motability.co.uk/contact-and-support/faqs/can-i-change-my-mind-after-i-have-made-a-car-application
https://www.motability.co.uk/contact-and-support/faqs/what-is-a-pin

As Seat have decided to change the spec of the Arona and it for me was no longer a Lux model my dealer agreed that I would not be happy with the changes and the long delivery times and so I canceled and went to another dealer.

If you are unsure about anything just give Motability a call they will help you, they don't want you driving around in a car you don't like.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks good to know, forewarned is forearmed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts