Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone is achieving anywhere near the claimed MPG figures for the 1.0 115ps with manual gearbox or DSG ?
I've done about 1200 miles now and not getting anywhere near the claimed figures.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi there I've done approx 5.8k in a one litre manual excellence on return recently from Edinburgh I achieved 48.9 mpg if that helps I will say that when new it was horrendously thirsty

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Willie,,,,,I must still be in that "when new" phase then, I'm hardly ever in traffic so on the move most of the time and can't achieve 40 mpg in town

·
Registered
169 Posts
Bonzo said:
Willie,,,,,I must still be in that "when new" phase then, I'm hardly ever in traffic so on the move most of the time and can't achieve 40 mpg in town
Xcellence Lux 1 litre 115ps DSG, just over 5000 miles. Mixture of traffic but no motorway. Long term mpg 47.6.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My long term reading is 37.8 and like I said I am hardly ever stuck in traffic ( advantage of being retired) so not idling for long periods.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Mine was considerably worse until 2000-3000 miles, now seem to get about 15% more mileage than initially. Seems to need that long for engine to loosen

Probably be even better as the most recent 1500 miles have been through the colder months when I would expect a fall off in mileage as engine needs longer to warm through initially on each run.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Excellence Lux 1,0 dsg struggled to reach 40mpg, then after advice from my son who works in a Skoda dealership ,suggested I change the drive mode to normal and not the default eco mode. I am now seeing an mpg of 44.
The car has only done 1000 miles

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eco mode would suggest that it's the most economical mode,,,,confused

·
Registered
169 Posts
ssr said:
My Excellence Lux 1,0 dsg struggled to reach 40mpg, then after advice from my son who works in a Skoda dealership ,suggested I change the drive mode to normal and not the default eco mode. I am now seeing an mpg of 44.
The car has only done 1000 miles
Strange that you use the phrase "default eco mode". I have the same model and each time I turn the ignition on, the default is 'normal', I have to select the E(co) mode. If I turn off then restart, I am back in N(ormal).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Collected my new 115ps 1.0 FR Sport yesterday. The drive home of some 140 miles with mixed roads including about 50 miles of motorway returned 52.6mpg - I was amazed! Admittedly on a new engine I kept speed down to no more than 65mph and was very gentle on the throttle, but still a very good return and bodes well for when everything is properly run in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
2 day old 115 TSi manual, 48mpg from new on a run. Similar to Mii by Mango (75hp) and Yeti 1.6TDi (both 50mpg regularly)

Quite satisfied, as it may creep up a couple. This was a mixture of 75mph on the M25 and varying speeds and driving styles otherwise.

Even 40-45mpg would be fine though...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Had my arona for nearly a year now, 11500 on the clock and average mpg is 45. Really does depend on how you drive it, eco mode not as economical as normal mode for some strange reason and sports mode does drink fuel.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Iamkingpin said:
Really does depend on how you drive it,
Inferring this is seen by some as akin to questioning their sexual prowess but it really is the single biggest factor in fuel consumption.
A large engined gas guzzling car will do little worse if you put your foot down harder but a car designed for economy needs the full co-operation of the driver.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hmkay, a shortish diverse little journey today showed 36mpg, but this is almost certainly a worst way for the 115bhp 1.0TSi. A mix of stop, start and booting it up hills!

Not a worry as most of my motoring is far more 'M25' hence 75mph gentle motoring in 6th.... :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts