Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Speedysteven said:
Anyone else having this issue?
Yep, quite a few on here sadly - Leon misbuilds are all the rage now as well :roll:

Either reject and reorder or ensure you get some compensation. I assume they have run out of hamster powered motors for the mirrors and the mice have gone on strike...

In all seriousness how do you run out of mirror motors unless they have been diverted to the new Audi A1 also being produced in the SEAT factory.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cyberbob said:
Speedysteven said:
Yep, quite a few on here sadly - Leon misbuilds are all the rage now as well :roll:

Either reject and reorder or ensure you get some compensation. I assume they have run out of hamster powered motors for the mirrors and the mice have gone on strike...

In all seriousness how do you run out of mirror motors unless they have been diverted to the new Audi A1 also being produced in the SEAT factory.
I'm getting compensation will we be able to fold them manually as I live on a 1 way road dustbin trucks are annoying down my road 😞.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Speedysteven said:
Cyberbob said:
Speedysteven said:

I'm getting compensation will we be able to fold them manually as I live on a 1 way road dustbin trucks are annoying down my road 😞.
Yes they will still fold in manually - glad you got compensation at least.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cyberbob said:
Speedysteven said:
Cyberbob said:

Last question will they still be heated mirrors?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Speedysteven said:
Cyberbob said:
Speedysteven said:
No worries, yes they will be, only SE spec in the UK does not have heated mirrors strangely, I have a winter pack but don't get heated mirrors on my SE Lux??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cyberbob said:
Speedysteven said:
Cyberbob said:
No worries, yes they will be, only SE spec in the UK does not have heated mirrors strangely, I have a winter pack but don't get heated mirrors on my SE Lux??
Thanks so much you have put me at ease I'm getting a desire red black roof 1.0 115 dsg xcelence lux

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bonzo said:
Is this issue affecting all models?
Seems just certain models, and certain parts Leon being built without DSG paddles is another I have heard of.

You would have thought SEAT would have given an answer as to why so many are being missbuilt :?:

·
Registered
20 Posts
We have been given a courtesy Leon FR 1.8 dsg until our Arona if available to pick up next week and this also doesn't have any flappy paddles which I thought was strange! However does have folding mirrors.

Also nice that it has the digital display - the other half is getting used to operating it and might be a pro by the time she gets hers !

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took delivery of an Excellence Lux at the end of October. The dealership didn't believe me that there were no folding mirrors! Since demonstrating it I have heard nothing. Interested to hear about compensation ! Worth a try!

·
Registered
148 Posts
RichS said:
I took delivery of an Excellence Lux at the end of October. The dealership didn't believe me that there were no folding mirrors! Since demonstrating it I have heard nothing. Interested to hear about compensation ! Worth a try!
I would log a complaint with SEAT customer services as well, usual amount seems to be £250.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Strange some dealers just let you take the car, and no mention of the problem or any compensation. Others, like the one l used, mention it even before you collect the car. My dealer said l could say no to the car, or offered compensation. I accepted the car, with £250, 2 free services and even a boot liner. Seat you should be assumed of how you deal with your customers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.