Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So don't get me wrong, I love this car! It was worth the painfully long wait to get it. I didn't make this thread to bash it in any way I just thought I'd highlight some minor issues I have with it after my first 1500 miles. They are all minor, no deal breakers by any means, in my opinion anyway.

Arona Xcellence Lux DSG - Monsoon Grey/Midnight Black roof.

• Halogen fog lights - Why? Full LED headlights but then they stick halogen fog lights in, which also means the cornering function is disabled because of the different coloured light they both emit. Obviously it's a way to cut costs but seems silly to me.
• No grab handles or hooks above the doors
• No rear interior lights
• Keyless start button on wrong side
• No way to permanently turn off start/stop. I find it way too eager on the DSG box, it cuts the engine before you've even fully stopped, not good at roundabouts where you need to pull away quickly. At least in a manual you can control it as only comes on in neutral.
• No icon on the dials to indicate headlights are on. Would be helpful as the headlight control is tucked away a bit so the light on there isn't that visible.
• Black and white info screen between the dials. Don't understand why this isn't the colour one they use in the Ateca, especially on the Xcellence Lux.
• No digital cockpit off the bat, it annoys me a bit they've added this only 9 months into production. I would have liked a digital cockpit!
• No wireless CarPlay. Although I appreciate almost no cars offer this for some reason.
• Small wing mirrors. I find the field of view isn't great, I could see the kerb quite easily in my old car when parking, can't really in the Arona unless I move the mirror every time.
• No shark fin antenna
• Rear windows not tinted
• No electronic handbrake. This doesn't actually really bother me but a lot of cars of the same spec would have this.

I know that's quite a long list! But like I said none are deal breakers, I was aware of most these before I purchased the car. Just would have been quite nice to have and for top of the range model would have thought most would be included. I do love the car and really enjoy driving it.

Feel free anyone else to add things on!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Although I no longer have it I did 4000 miles and I would agree with the above plus a couple of others
Why can't the mirrors just fold when you lock the car. Everytime I had to hold the button the mirrors would eventually fold and then the indicators would flash again turning off the alarm. Also when you unlock the car it would be better if the mirrors stayed folded until ignition was turned on as you end up going through the folding mirror fiasco again.
I was never keen on the heated rear window tabs being so exposed as they seemed as if they could easily be caught.
The front arch extensions coming away. I had one replaced under warranty and I noticed the other side was starting to come away at leading edge.
No form of any cup holder for their rear passengers which I didn't think was an issue till family holiday, then I realised why I paid for seat protection :eek: , I did buy a disable table from vw that connects to the headrest which helps this problem.
But on the positives, the 1.5 is a cracking engine with great real work economy, the gearbox is smooth and the handling is great although I found the electronic dampers too hard for our roads in sport.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't had a chance to make a snag list seeing as my car is god knows were. but it sure as hell ain't with me?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I agree on the stop/start button being on the wrong side, if like my wife you leave it in gear it makes it hard to see and operate!

Monochrome dash is another, had full colour in my Leon, but even the VW T-Roc has the same monochrome display and you ca nyou opt for the same digital dash in the Arona. Door cards do feel very plastic and a cloth/leathrette insert would have lifted the interior and given a slightly more premium feel. They remind me of the original door cards find in the E81 BMW 1 Series if you can remember the MK1 from 2004.

On the upside the aircon is powerful and does a good job, Beats audio is fantastic and ride on our pot holed roads is very good as is the handling overall. Higher weight of the diesel engine does give a meatier feel to the steering and brakes are excellent.

I have the 1.6 115 derv and on a gentle run can see mid to high sixties, motorway sees high 50's. After being run in I would expect a few extra mpg. You can tell you are driving a diesel but does suit the car overall.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My only gripe is the mirror fold , I believe with a laptop and vdcs , the garage dealership can alter this as mine is going in next week for seatbelt recall , I called dealer to ask why I hadn't received a letter about the recall and they said the car wasn't allocated a home address !!!! Never mind hopefully they will sort the mirrors as I have requested they check them as they some times don't work and I agree with the closing opening on one press o the remote this long press scenario is a pain ( first world 🌎 problems! Yeah I know !)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Some of those annoyances are easy to fix with OBDeleven adaptations...

Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
Why can't the mirrors just fold when you lock the car.
Folding Mirrors (while locking the car)
With this mod, mirrors will fold without having to be continually pressing the button on the remote
1. Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
2. Security access > Access Code: 31347
3. Adaptation
4. Name: Spiegelverstellung
5. Access Control: Funk_Spiegelanklappung_Modus
6. Change value to "by_look_command_via_remote_control_key" [standard: "by_convenience_operation_via_remote_control_key"]

Stringaa said:
No way to permanently turn off start/stop.
Disable Start/Stop
1. Select Control unit 19 (Gateway)
2. Security access > Access Code: 20103
3. Adaptation
4. Name: Start/stop start voltage limit
5. Change value from 7.6 V to 12 V

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well I get mine tomorrow afternoon, and has the kessy system so see if the mirror automatically close on locking, as they do on my Golf.
As for the Start stop, on my current golf it does not cut out the engine until fully stopped.
I don't mind the start stop, if in a traffic jam and your inching, best to switch it off anyway. but if just at lights, then its fine.
Get used to it, I find a little blip of the throttle wakes the engine and then your ready to press a bit harder and get away.
if the Start stop kicks in too early, may adjust the voltage a bit allow it to stop before it cuts out. up another 1volt maybe should do it.
See how I get on from tomorrow.
At least I got the Original Alcantara and Leather specs on mine. Look out for if someone can do a retro fit of the Virtual cockpit.
Also plan to fit sound deadening and sound isolation all round the car, so the acoustics will be improved along with a more hushed ride.
I will report and take photos once I start on the sound deadening. and will use a DB meter to see what the improvements are as I go.
Bit of a longer term project so will be done is stages.
1st. Bonnet and boot area.
2nd. Doors front and rear.
3rd. Under floor front and rear
4th. Roof (which I will look to get a professional installer to do this) as roof lining has to come out.
and whilst the roof lining out, see if they can fit rear passenger lights. (just an after thought)..
We will see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts