Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, a new version, with even bigger problems

1st: Download the 15,2Gb version here : https://seatmapdownloads.akamaized.net/EUAS/EU_AS_STD_1730.zip
2nd : Unzip this in a separate folder.
3rd : Make a backup copy from your original Seat SD card !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4th : Delete all the files on the SD card (unlock the card first)
5th : You will notice the new unzipped download will not fit on the SD card
6th : open the unzipped folder, find the location map /maps/00/sds
7th : delete all languages you will not need, just leave folder GB and file meta_info.db
8th: now it will fit... copy the complete map to the empty SD card
9th : find the file overall.NDS in your backup , copy file from location EEC\EEC_WLD
10th overwrite .NDS file in the same location you found it in your backup

Your done, version 1730 (even without Seat mapcare )

View attachment 2021-06-07 22.24.25.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Macca5 ... that won't work.
There is a hidden Serialnumber on the SD card, that can't be changed and can be written only once at production This CID that's the key to a working 6P0 nav system.
It just does not work without the original SD card because the 15digit code is different. That's already tried by some users.
In this code you can encript special functions like lifetime mapcare (my card/car has that) or no mapcare at all (GB users) or mapcare for 3 years ....
That's why you guys in England have to copy the overall.nds file which refferes to the CID code on the SD, and that corresponds with the 6P0 nav system.
That's also the reason you can't copy more than 15Gb to the SD card , a bit of an odd size .... 16Gb is normal , or 32 or 64...128...256 .. 512 ... 1024 etc.

Some say there is an 32Gb card on Ebay... for Skoda. I have no urge to order that one, because it's working on my original updated SD card.
Others like to find these articles on the web : https://richard.burtons.org/2016/07/01/changing-the-cid-on-an-sd-card/ and have a go (or many....)

I can't wait until the next update to find out if EU complete will fit on the Seat SD card.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the info,So basically if the next update goes even larger GB users are screwed lol.
Would it work if I deleted all maps except GB.Although this would not save a great deal.

·
Registered
455 Posts
number6 said:
If you click on his 6 posts (under his name) you can see that nothing constructive has come from any of them. Maybe admin should take a look.
Yea... If you've no interest in a DIY community, then perhaps forum life ain't for you ?
Chill out or move on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have downloaded the smaller size uk maps,6.6gb(Europe 1) will this still work once i overwrite the overall,or do i need to download like for like,e.g the larger map download.

Thanks TJW

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
a smaller map (section of Europe) will fit the card in one go
Principe is the same, backup, empty SDcard, put downloaded map on SD card and find file overall.nds and overwrite it on the SD card.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If all you need is UK, then go for it...
DO NOT FORMAT CARD, just delete the contents .
And make sure you do a backup before anything else...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that 5 hours... is that includung the refill of coal and water ??? what year is your steampowered laptop ? hahaha

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's a 2010 macbook but it still runs really well and I updated it with more ram and an ssd recently so I have no idea why it took so long.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts