Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm not sure that will work for the new infotainment on the arona. I know when I had my Tiguan 3 year updates were included and released twice a year ( May and November). I am also aware when people tried other map companies and tried to download them knto the supplied sd card it caused issues so not sure whether downloading non gen/ licensed mala onto seat sd card will work and it's not cheap to replace them. Might be worth a chat with the dealers as I see on the latest accessories brochure it says to speak to your local supplier reference updates. It appears the European market uses mapcare which is through seat, not sure if that is now going to be made available, I'll make some enquiries.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This subject keeps coming up, as the procedure seems to be different here in the UK where, so far as I am aware, Mapcare is still not available, whereas it is for other European Customers.

This therefore means that if we (UK customers) wish to update our navigation software, them it is going to cost us a lot of money! :(

Not good!

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you have mirrorlink/fulllink/AndroidAuto of carplay iPhone, you can use Google Maps. That's free ...
Or you buy TomTom Mobile for € 19,95 for a year.

·
Registered
41 Posts
At the time of ordering my Arona I was told that all satnav updates were included in price,

·
Registered
420 Posts
As the others have said I don't think Mapcare is available in the UK And if you look on the European website I have been on the German one
Media System Plus inc Sat Nav is 850 euros PLUS the Mapcare package is 120 euros
So nothings Free

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.