Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Me and the wife ordered our Arona FR this week, red body black roof (seems a popular choice :D )

This our first Seat and it's also our first brand new car. We're really excited but a bit baffled by the service maintenance plan. We've had a few quotes from the dealer, 1st was for servicing, maintenance and tyres for 3 years, was £35. Second was for 4 yrs, no tires was £32. New set quote is 4 yrs serving, maintenance, tyres and its £45!!!!! Is this normal because it seems very expensive to me.

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this in so apologies if it should be elsewhere :D

What's everyone else's experience with the service plans?

Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
Slot of it comes down to how long you are going to keep the car and how many miles your going to do. I assume the figures you've given are per month?.if that's the case then over 400 pound a year is alot of money. The first service is about 150 and the second about 280 (which you'll have paid for in a year). If I were you I would go back and see if they can do a deal over the first 2 years. My friend who purchased an arona I think has paid about 280 for the first 2.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I've signed up to a 4 year pcp deal. I've said I'll do a max of 16000 miles a year, mostly to be on the safe side. I was told by the salesperson that I couldn't have the 2 year service maintenance plan that's in the brochures because it's a brand new car and they were for used or "alreday registered" new cars

£45 a month is for servicing maintenance and tyres for the 4 years, the idea being that it should be worry free and cover the cost of everything, which might be about right, I don't really know. Just seems a bit steep.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you are really going to do 16000pa you should be on the long life service which would equate to 3 services at about £600 total plus say 6 or perhaps 8 tyres at £100 each, so a grand total of £1400 or so. If you pay £45 per month for 47 months it will cost you £2115. So even if you need another service and another couple of tyres you would still be saving money by going it alone.

I guess it is down to what you want to do, also remember year 4 is not covered by warranty unless bought additionally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts