Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has had any order/delivery experience with the new "EZY" ordering system yet? My understanding was that it was brought in to streamline things and improve on previous long wait time. Now that SEAT & VW have sorted the issues that were causing delays I'm hopeful that things should progress nicely!

My current build date is week 50 so in an issue free run would be looking at approximately the end of Jan for delivery at Dealership.

Here's hoping! :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
The EZY orders were aimed at allowing a number of standard cars to be built and held for relatively quick delivery

In the UK the standardised EZY spec was piloted with the Arona, from date of introduction a year ago, and subsequently added to other models this summer. Nothing has been streamlined for Arona and therefore process hasn't changed.

I wouldn't say the issues are fully sorted, as there is still a backlog of orders. The system fell apart as SEAT had significantly underestimated demand for certain specs and didn't have the capacity to make the parts required for those specs.

There were drastic shortages of alcantara (now replaced with generic microsuede), 1 litre petrol engines, DSG gearboxes and others. Latest shortage sounds like lack of folding mirror motors.

If EZY was working, no-one would discuss build weeks as a stock of cars would be at UK ports, with replacement stock on a ship from Spain. Getting a future build week only confirms that there is no current availability which proves it isn't working yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts