Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all.

Ordered my Arona FR (1.0l TSI 115hp) in Desire Red, with Black roof in November (pic from configurator attached).

Dealer told me yesterday car is in "production" and should be delivered in or around 10 Feb.

Can't wait :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ordered mine in November as well got an email from the dealer to say it's confirmed as build week 5 for me. So should be over here end of February beginning of March.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered my xcellence lux on Nov 23rd and dealer has confirmed build week 3 so it should be here for Mar 1st. Went for desire red with black roof. Can't wait!!

·
Administrator
108 Posts
Wolfgang said:
Ordered my xcellence lux on Nov 23rd and dealer has confirmed build week 3 so it should be here for Mar 1st. Went for desire red with black roof. Can't wait!!
Welcome along. What car are you changing from?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Currently driving a Leon SE (2015). Arona is sightly smaller on paper but doesn't feel it inside; regardless it is more than ample for our needs now that the kids are grown up / doing their own thing, and it's rare therefore that the back seats are used. The raised position and no loading lip in the boot is "attractive" and practical as well.

Was driving a diesel, but a change in job means annual distances travelled has more or less halved. Between that and my perception of a general move away from diesel means that I don't see the need to spend the extra money on a diesel variant. Regardless I drove the 115hp for more or less a full halfday and liked it as did my significant other so that decision was easy. Thereafter it came down to spec etc, and I like the subtle differences the FR offers.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Previously had a 66 plate tiguan r line tsi. When we bought it new in 2016 I needed the space for both kids and also for travelling to work as 4 of us used to car pool. I've now moved and over halved my distance to work and the eldest spends more time out that he does at home so decided no longer needed all the space. It was a nice car with lots of toys but I have to be honest I was very impressed with the aroma as we had been looking at the t-roc as well. The aroma popped it for me as the size difference between that and the t-roc is negligible but the price/spec difference was the winner. Won't miss the bigger car of before as I'm running around in a mk4 golf whilst I wait for delivery, which is a similar size foot print to the arona. Looking forward to see what the 1.5 is going to be like to drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Currently driving a Nissan Qashqai, but l'm now in my eighties, so thought l'd get something smaller. I just hope the Arona will be as good as the Leon l had three years ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
:D Ordered my Seat Arona Fr Sport desire red 28th November . Told by the dealer build planned for week 12 towards the end of March ! For April delivery . Although factory still to confirm. Will be worth the wait :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
(OP here)

Just got an email from my dealer (sent after 7 pm), my FR landed in Ireland (that's where I am) today.

It is due with the dealer tomorrow, so I'll be collecting by the weekend. Yippee

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just found out this morning that mine has landed at the docks in the UK and is currently set for March 1st collection.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Very nice! Silly question but why doesn't it have the LED head lights? I thought they came with them. I hope so as we have one on order and was told it has full LED's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looking at the licence plate it's an Irish car, so it's a different market to the UK. I'm guessing the LED headlights are a cost option in Ireland as opposed to being standard equipment on the FR in the UK.

·
Registered
299 Posts
That's correct, in every other market the arona is sold in there is a large list of options, if you google other seat configurators for other countries it's quite interesting what's available and the differences, the base model German version in solid blue with black steel wheels is definitely one your not missing out on. UK is only market with no factory options.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@ Mandaroo - The other posters are correct, in that I'm in Ireland, where LED lights are a €700 option on the FR - so don't panic.

I did think long and hard, about specing them, as I think they look good but in the end decided against. You will probably call me miserly, but on the basis, that when I change the car (probably in 2 years time), then whether it has LED lights not wont matter a bit in terms of cost to change.

I drove the car for about an hour on unlit rural roads last night and for what it is worth found the standard lights more that up to job (that may help others in making decisions re spec / trim etc).

Unrelated, I managed about 5.1 l/100k , or about 55 mpg with semi-conservative driving - probably a bit old school here but until I have a few km / miles on the clock I wont be canning it. In my (limited) experience the MPG tends to improve as the engine runs in - that said once I have a few km / miles on the clock, I'll probably drive with a bit more enthusiasm :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts