Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyas everyone I'm Meowsters I mainly post on Motability forums but after finding this place I thought I would come and sign up and join in so just sayin hi :p

Anyways, I ordered my Seat Arona Xcellence Lux 1.0tsi 115ps DSG Mystery Blue with Midnight Black Roof, 03 March, after talking to corporate services and a director and then being told to contact my dealer for more information as they have been updated, I can understand they have other things they need to be doing and answering my questions should be for my dealer to do so onto that.

Well my dealer who continues to act like there is nothing wrong build times are seemingly normal to him and him not liking the fact that I know more about his job then he does, so I was met the the standard reply of 'I have no idea what your talking about, I have not been informed, we are all part of a central hub of information nothing has changed' he continued telling me that there had been no change until I mentioned speaking to a director at Seat and then he changed his mind pointing out old news and getting it wrong like the safety recall of the wireless charging which I had to correct him again asking him why hes giving customer false information and then him saying that he had not checked his system for any update, yep great sales manager you are if your customer knows before you do, so off he went to find out and as usual never got back to me, oh well.

So to save me waffling which I know I am doing like I normally do, I am sticking the changes out (for the moment, though it feels like I am being palmed off with the First Edition).

SEAT Arona XCELLENCE First Edition Key Specification:
17" Dynamic Machined Alloy Wheels (Those who have ordered the Lux make sure on pickup you got the 18")
Beats Sound System (New Lux Specification Changes April 20)
Heated Front Seats (New Lux Specification Changes April 20)
Park Assist & Rear View Camera

So this is telling me they might have a load of First Editions sitting around just waiting to be sent out, (maybe).

As for the longer delivery times hopefully this change will speed up delivery if not I will put up with it up to a certain point, then I will have to think about canceling.

Hopefully I will get another call from one of the directors this week so I can finally get the information I need and be able to pass this on to others, though I am not hopeful about this anymore, as I am slowly loosing my faith in Seat.

Anyways hi everyones (waves)

Meow =^.^=

Ps. I think i waffled on a bit sorry.

-----------------------------

If anyone would like this information as I have now had enough of contacting my dealer with no response and seat customer services and giving me the 'don't know' answers.

SEAT UK
Mr Richard Harrison Managing Director

Email [email protected]

Telephone 01908 548444
Switchboard 01908 548444

Website http://www.seatcars.co.uk

I would email him if your having as much luck as I am at getting the answers you need.

Hints and tips when e-mailing CEOs

Always remember that Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) are people, just like us. They'll respond to an email depending on its tone and content, so think about what you want to say carefully before you click send. Here are some hints and tips to help you get the response you're looking for.

• Be polite.
  • If you are able to say something good about the company before you express your disappointment, do it. It's a great way to get your reader on side.
  • Stick to the facts. Try not to let any emotion or judgment spill out.
  • Don't use threats.
  • Shorter is better. Keep the information concise and to the point.
  • Include any customer reference numbers or invoice numbers you have.
  • Include a brief history of the issue and any correspondence so far, if it's helpful.
  • Use names of people you have spoken to if you have them.
  • Do not accept being passed back to customer services, unless it's with a named person and with a promise of follow-up.
  • Explain clearly what you want as a solution or outcome.

Hope this helps

--------------------------------------

Update:

Seat has responded to my query though no specific information I really needed but they have informed me that the Seat configurator on the website will be updated this coming Friday 27 April to reflect the new changes to the Lux model so we will be able to see what we are exactly going to be getting.

Also told that there is no change to the dash and door cards that they know of, but we will see on Friday.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site good work done on your behalf with Seat, I visited my dealer yesterday as they have not been forthcoming with a build date the salesman left me to see if they could get me a build date after 15 min he confirmed the date as week 19 8th-13th May I then asked when would delivery date be late May early June, he also told me he had delivery 5 Aronas he cannot release till charging recall has been carried out no parts available to complete this. I went in to do battle but came away feeling sorry for the salesman, who would be Seat salesman with the lack of information from SEAT

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know its SEAT's fault for not letting dealers know about changes but when your reading forums and some dealers do have the information your require you wonder how they managed to get it and why your dealer hasn't got it yet and why the customers know more than the dealers, this has honestly been my worst dealing with a car manufacturer I have ever had, its a shame that so many of my friends love SEAT but I am now regretting the ordering of my car.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi Meowsters

I have today cancelled my order for my LUX model, ordered 17th Feb, still stilling in status 10, and now told all of the trim is downgraded to the white plastic and cloth as per the cheaper model.
So brand confidence has gone, and I am going back to VW, Wish I had ordered a T-Roc instead now. but I may wait longer and go for the T-Cross when it comes out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.