Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Andy is my name and I’m waiting for delivery of
a Seat Arona FR Sport 1.5 DSG since mid February this year.
To-date, no substantial update has been offered. The dealer
advised an 8-10 week delivery wait at the time of order.

My concerns,
The £13K offered by the dealer in February as part-ex for my 2016
Yeti 2 litre DSG with 30k on the clock will not be honoured in June
even though it now only has 31k on the clock now.

My question is this, and I appeal to recent new owners of the DSG
FR Sport in particular, is the wait or continued wait worth it.

All opinions are welcome.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
576 Posts
Hello,and welcome to the forum !

Yea, Id suspect they will lower the PX offer... but youd have to ask them, did you sign a contract at the time of order ? if so, id expect them to honour it...

·
Registered
619 Posts
You need to ask about the part exchange, and if value has changed
If they quoted 8-10 weeks for your Arona then they didn’t really honour that either

I had a Yeti before my Arona, been very pleased with it
The Yeti was more spacious in the back, but was also harder to park, the Arona is much better equipped and DSG is very good

·
Registered
212 Posts
Must be worth speaking with the dealer about honouring your PX quote. It's a common problem and probably more so now that delivery delays are the norm. If your dealer really wants your business and good-will they should honour their quote with no quibble but unless you've got it in writing they may try to wriggle out of it.

Whether it's worth waiting even longer depends very much on why you originally chose the Arona to meet your individual needs and what other alternatives you will currently find available. Many manufacturers seem to be struggling with deliveries so alternatives may not be realistic.

I've had my Arona for nearly 3 years with no problems whatsoever and still enjoy the comfortable ride, high driving position and good sized boot. My only minor niggles have been addressed in the updated version so you should be ok with yours.

Would I buy another? - well if there was a pure-electric plug-in option, - yes, without hesitation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for all of your advice, the original contract stated an agreed part-ex value of £13k and an expected delivery date for the new car as being 29/04/22.
The original salesman has left the company, I shall discuss the Yeti value with his replacement. I’ve just been told the new car is shown as being in “ Transportation Mode “.

Thanks again Gents…….

·
Registered
212 Posts
You should be on solid ground with the PX value stated in the original contract. Assuming 'transportation mode' means on a ship heading for the UK it should only be a couple of weeks more to wait. Hope you enjoy it when it's delivered.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What did you agree at the time? I got in writing that the part exchange equity value…(since ours had finance outstanding on it) would be honoured when car was delivered. I believe this had a time limit of a year on it.

The trouble is that for cars on finance the settlement drops so a dealer won’t have to pay as much naturally but for non finance part exchanges they are more likely to want a re appraisal and valuation. The second hand car market is dropping a bit right now compared to when you ordered.

Is it worth it? Only you can decide. Personally having test driven the 1.5 and 1.0 litres I think 1.5 is a bit OTT for an Arona. It just feels a bit overpowered for a small car. The Kamiq somehow is better as a 1.5 but that’s a slightly bigger and heavier car than the Arona. I mean it’s fine. It’s a nice car. I just feel 1.0 litre is the sweet spot with it.

·
Registered
2022 Arona FR 1.5 DSG
46 Posts
The PX value offered by the dealership I got my car from was put in a contract, I paid £500 deposit and after 14 weeks wait the contract was honoured by the dealership

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What did you agree at the time? I got in writing that the part exchange equity value…(since ours had finance outstanding on it) would be honoured when car was delivered. I believe this had a time limit of a year on it.

The trouble is that for cars on finance the settlement drops so a dealer won’t have to pay as much naturally but for non finance part exchanges they are more likely to want a re appraisal and valuation. The second hand car market is dropping a bit right now compared to when you ordered.

Is it worth it? Only you can decide. Personally having test driven the 1.5 and 1.0 litres I think 1.5 is a bit OTT for an Arona. It just feels a bit overpowered for a small car. The Kamiq somehow is better as a 1.5 but that’s a slightly bigger and heavier car than the Arona. I mean it’s fine. It’s a nice car. I just feel 1.0 litre is the sweet spot with it.
£13k part-ex
£500 deposit paid
Estimated delivery date of 29/4/22
Thanks for your input

1 - 13 of 13 Posts