Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am 73 my 4th new Seat , I was considering the Ateca but a bit to large for my use . Watching all the press for the Arona over the early part of last year I thought this model was just my size for a golden oldie .Just before Christmas rang my Seat Dealer in Chippenham managed to obtain SE Technology First Edition on the 9th January Grey with orange roof . Couple of issues that are mentioned on your website which is a bonus for me knowing you have the same issues ,one is the handbrake issue with rear drums adjustment , and the difficulty of the Spacesaver wheel that somebody has kindly answered for me thank you with all the part Numbers which I have passed on to my dealer.

Thank You. Johnny B

·
Registered
355 Posts
Welcome to the forum Johnny b.

Hope you enjoy looking around, lot of info in here.
We will have to start collating some of it into the technical section for better reference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You,being a fairly new car some information seems a bit vague even from the dealers, though it is basically an Ibiza ,Its time like these when you are able to collate each owners experiences for reference .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to members of this website I have managed to contact my Seat Dealer who confirms spacesaver wheels for the Arona are avilable from the 14Th April to order,apparently there was a mix up with some being fitted with wrong size tyres !!

·
Registered
66 Posts
johnny b said:
Thanks to members of this website I have managed to contact my Seat Dealer who confirms spacesaver wheels for the Arona are avilable from the 14Th April to order,apparently there was a mix up with some being fitted with wrong size tyres !!
Are you sure that they really are spacesaver wheels, as there is more than enough space under the boot 'floor' for a full size one?

It is not helped by the fact that different models of the Arona appear to be factory fitted with different sized tyres, which I think might have caused some initial confusion, although there are couple of threads on here already covering this subject, which you might find interesting!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According To Chippenham Motors it is the correct Spacesaver Wheel ( I Hope ) i believe it is a 16inch Diameter the tyre size fitted dictates the size of the overall wheel size and obviously has to be correct for stud pattern etc. I was wondering if the fact that the Drum brakes on the SE/SE Tech made any difference. Road Hero also advertise one and that is an aftermarket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts