Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!
As my user name suggests I'm getting on a bit. I've been driving since 1965 and had over 20 cars and driven many more but never a Seat.
Needed a replacement for my tired old Focus and started looking at various options about a month ago. After reading all the reviews decided that the first test drive would be an Arona and tried out an Xcellence Auto last Tuesday. Fell in love with it after about 3 minutes! Had about half an hour drive on various type roads and my mind was made up. Didn't bother to go for test drives on anything else and ordered the Lux version in Desire Red with black roof although was tempted by the Mystery Blue.
Now just got the pain of waiting - looks like it will be June at the very earliest.
All the best,
Ancient One (AKA Bob)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Greetings Ancient one(AKA Bob).. Welcome to the forum.
It seems to be Desire red is very popular in the Arona, So I am different with the Nevada White with Black Roof.
Im still waiting for a build date, and going to be end of May when mine is due..
Its all this waiting...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hiya AKA Bob .. well done on taking the plunge too .. I too have driven many different cars over the years ( not quite as many as you tho 😉) including big transit vans and little smart cars but never a Seat .. so I also look forward to getting my hands on mine
Think the wait will be more than worth it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Gazza & Baggy and thanks for the welcome.
It took me a while to decide on the colour as I really liked the blue as well as the red. In the end decided the blue would make me stand out too much in a crowd!
Being old and set in my ways I'm trying to get to grips with the idea of not having a spare wheel. I'm a bit confused as my dealer has told me that they haven't been released yet and can only be ordered once the car is supplied but I'm sure I've read somewhere that people are getting them factory fitted.
Thought I'd seen it on here but can't find it now. Can anyone throw any light please?
Cheers,
Bob.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Bob,
I get my Desire red with a black roof FR tomorrow. (pictures will follow)
I've never had a red car before so after seeing it in Frankfurt last year it had to be red.
I ordered a spare wheel with mine and I've seen it on the dealers order form so I'm expecting to see it in the car when I open the boot.
I'll let you know if its there or not.
I should have picked mine up on the 3rd March 18 after ordering on the 12 Dec 17, but weather conditions stopped that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Alan, that will be helpful and then I can go back and "have a word" with the dealer. Will look forward to seeing your pics as I've got a long wait for mine.
All the best,
Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
My local Seat dealer was going over the finances on a PCP deal for an Arona FR. Informed me that as well as a Seat contribution of £1000 towards the purchase they were also offering an 'event' deal of another £1000 (replacing the £500 contribution if you took a test drive promo) Seems a bit too good to be true..anyone else had this kind of offer ?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yep its True, I got the same deal on mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the £1000 Seat offer plus the £500 test drive offer but I'm not complaining as they've also offered me £500 more than I thought I'd get on my old Focus.
Bob.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got the £1000 deposit contribution and the £1000 "voucher" on mine. Managed to get a spare wheel thrown in for free and about £400 knocked off too ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi to all
I am new to the forum and after reading a few posts I am finding the posts and people's views very interesting. I got a great offer on my purchase ordered at end of January for Del 1st March luckily my dealer obtained the colour and specification I wanted from incoming stock to their group. Delivery had to be postponed till the 2nd March due to the bad weather! So after 3 weeks I am very impressed the only problem is it came with the emergency tyre repair kit and I would like to get a spare wheel kit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If I recall correctly, a few weeks ago Seat were offering the £1000 'test drive offer' on all other models, except for the Arona, where it was only £500.

However one dealer who gave me a quote was under the impression that the higher figure applied to the Arona as well, and made me an offer on that basis.

It was then of course that bit harder for a competing dealer to come up with a 'better' quote, but I am pleased to say that we got there in the end... especially as they had one in the exact spec. I wanted... the SE Technology model in desire red with a black roof, already on order, and I have just heard that it is due to arrive in the UK tomorrow... result! :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Neil C said:
Hi to all
I am new to the forum and after reading a few posts I am finding the posts and people's views very interesting. I got a great offer on my purchase ordered at end of January for Del 1st March luckily my dealer obtained the colour and specification I wanted from incoming stock to their group. Delivery had to be postponed till the 2nd March due to the bad weather! So after 3 weeks I am very impressed the only problem is it came with the emergency tyre repair kit and I would like to get a spare wheel kit.
I am in the same position as you, and would like to order a'proper' spare wheel kit for my Arona, which has just arrived in the UK. However it would appear that if you request one at the same time as you order the Arona, it will cost you £100, but if ordered afterwards, i.e. directly from a dealer, then the price increases to £199.

Have you... or anyone else for that matter found a cheaper offer anywhere?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all
Im a new member and just ordered my Arona.
Like most of you it's a 16 week build.
I haven't had a seat before either. But was fancying a small SUV type.
I have read loads of reviews and test drove the FR 1.5 150 evolution engine petrol and loved it. Also love the interior. I have also test drove the TRoc same build and engine but the interior was cheap and plastic looking and 4000 k extra and still no sat navigation or leather seats.
I have ordered the FR sport 1.5 150 evo petrol in desire red with black roof. Was going to go for the orange but I think its got to be red as with the FR sport the interior is all black and red.
Just have to wait now!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Don
Ordered my Xcellence Lux 115 DSG 0n 23rd Feb Desire Red with Black Roof - Spare wheel was a dealer option at the time of placing the order, which I took. Hope to have it by my 60th birthday on June 20th.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts