Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. We're looking at replacing our Citroen C4 Cactus with an Arona. We've already taken a test drive in an SE Technology TSI 95 at Cars 2 in Wakefield and have got a test drive booked in an FR TSI 115 at the weekend at Stoneacre in Doncaster. Initial impressions of the car are very good - the SE Tech drove very well and was fairly sprightly around town and on the open road too, but just requiring a bit more of a rev on the motorway. It had a decent level of kit too and appears on the surface to be as well built as my Skoda Fabia. I'm hoping the FR is as good to drive with a bit more poke in reserve for the motorway.

Has anyone had any major issues with their Aronas that we should be aware of? What's the current timescale on orders? Any help would be appreciated before we take the plunge. Thanks.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome,

The main difference with the FR is it more sporty, more sculpted seats, and firmer sports (rather than comfort) suspension, is will be flatter in corners, but slightly harder ride on poor roads. FR has slightly more equipment

Not many complaints (apart from very long order times, which are now coming down), and spec changes on top Xcelence Lux. Poorer mpg for first 2000 miles (until engine loosens up). Some equipment/fittings are not on it which people only realise afterwards probably due to design penny pinching, worth reading this thread for thoughts
https://www.aronaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=431

If the mileage was low, engine will be tight. Once loosened up engine is apparently very free running. Highly rated with the 7 speed DSG gearbox, but have to leave it to others to comment on the manual.

Order times if in stock in UK about 2 weeks
Otherwise about 12-16 weeks for manual, 26-30 weeks for DSG
1.5 engine currently not available to order (should reopen in few weeks)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Snowdaddy said:
Welcome,

The main difference with the FR is it more sporty, more sculpted seats, and firmer sports (rather than comfort) suspension, is will be flatter in corners, but slightly harder ride on poor roads. FR has slightly more equipment

Not many complaints (apart from very long order times, which are now coming down), and spec changes on top Xcelence Lux. Poorer mpg for first 2000 miles (until engine loosens up). Some equipment/fittings are not on it which people only realise afterwards probably due to design penny pinching, worth reading this thread for thoughts
https://www.aronaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=431</URL>" rel="nofollow">https://www.aronaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=431

If the mileage was low, engine will be tight. Once loosened up engine is apparently very free running. Highly rated with the 7 speed DSG gearbox, but have to leave it to others to comment on the manual.

Order times if in stock in UK about 2 weeks
Otherwise about 12-16 weeks for manual, 26-30 weeks for DSG
1.5 engine currently not available to order (should reopen in few weeks)
Thanks for that Snowdaddy. Gives me probably all the info I need at this stage.

I'll have a look the link you mentioned too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Managed to give the FR TSI 115 a really thorough test drive yesterday. Very impressed all round. Handled well, nice and precise, a slightly firmer ride with a little less body roll in corners than the SE Tech and a bit more oomph out on the open road than the TSI 95.

If the sums add up, it looks like we might be going the FR route. Not sure on colours yet but Nevada white with a grey or black roof, or Monsoon grey with a black roof are the current front runners.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would support what you say about the FR, additionally you get LED headlights (essential!) rear privacy glass and an alarm ( also essential!) plus a few other bits. This meant the FR was the best choice for me.
Being large I thought the sports seats might be an issue, but they have been fine.
Coming from a 1.2 TSI 110 hp Fabia with it's low rev torque I hated the engine for the first few hundred miles until it loosened up, now I love it.
Colour choice is obviously personal but the ability to choose metallics and different roof colours at no cost is a big plus throughout the range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks great in Desire red - for me, that's the most striking colour and probably the best of the bunch. However, my partner seems to be moving towards her usual choice of dark grey, although she's looking at the Nevada white a bit more since I mentioned it the other day.

I'm also a Fabia driver - TSI 95 now, but TSI 90 previously - and the two drive very similar. I think that's one of the major plus points. Just seems easy to get along with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.