Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I ordered my car 15th September with an estimated delivery date of 20/12/18. Just wondering when you get a log on or hear anything after purchasing to find the status of my order? Have your orders been before or after your estimated delivery? I am really impatient as I can imagine everybody is waiting for their new Arona. This is my first time purchasing a brand new car so don't really know the process

Thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Amiedut

I am sorry to read that your impatient. My wife ordered her Arona Excellence Lux Auto in July and we still don't have a build date. Our dealer thinks it will be either January or February 2019.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Amiedut said:
Hello, I ordered my car 15th September with an estimated delivery date of 20/12/18. Just wondering when you get a log on or hear anything after purchasing to find the status of my order? Have your orders been before or after your estimated delivery? I am really impatient as I can imagine everybody is waiting for their new Arona. This is my first time purchasing a brand new car so don't really know the process

You have it quicker than most on here, wait times for SEAT have been horrendous 10 months and more. Usual SEAT turnaround up until SEAT grew in popularity was 8-12 weeks. Estimated delivery is usually pretty good. Hopefully your dealer will keep you in the loop and let you know when production has been confirmed and when it is on its way to the UK.

You can always give them a ring to ask about progress, but you won't have a confirmed build slot just yet, but I would imagine by the end of the month???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cyberbob said:
Amiedut said:

You have it quicker than most on here, wait times for SEAT have been horrendous 10 months and more. Usual SEAT turnaround up until SEAT grew in popularity was 8-12 weeks. Estimated delivery is usually pretty good. Hopefully your dealer will keep you in the loop and let you know when production has been confirmed and when it is on its way to the UK.

You can always give them a ring to ask about progress, but you won't have a confirmed build slot just yet, but I would imagine by the end of the month???
I think I got told week 42 build week, so hopefully I get an update soon. I couldn't wait 10 months I would deffo be cancelling my order if I got told a delay! Fingers crossed 🤞

·
Registered
148 Posts
Amiedut said:
Cyberbob said:
Amiedut said:

I think I got told week 42 build week, so hopefully I get an update soon. I couldn't wait 10 months I would deffo be cancelling my order if I got told a delay! Fingers crossed 🤞
Well worth the wait the SE Tech Lux is a good trim and you will have heated seats for December!!

I have a SE Lux and is a good car that suits my need really well. Only element I would have liked is climate control.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cyberbob said:
Amiedut said:
Cyberbob said:

Well worth the wait the SE Tech Lux is a good trim and you will have heated seats for December!!

I have a SE Lux and is a good car that suits my need really well. Only element I would have liked is climate control.
How do you find the seat colour on some of the pictures they look really light, I got mine because of the deal with interest free finance there are now offers on the fr but then I wouldn't get heated or the beats audio so sticking with mine

·
Registered
539 Posts
Amiedut said:
Cyberbob said:
Amiedut said:

I think you will find that those waiting 7-9 months were originally told about 12 weeks / 3 months

Dealers seem to slip the dates in instalments (or claim the estimate has changed), the forum is awash with comments along the lines of slipped a month, multiple times, not slipped 6 months in one go. Makes it much harder to justify cancelling.

However the official version is now 10-12 weeks (including the DSG) for new orders, but only from when the order is accepted. (accepted, not order placed)

What dealers often "forget" to tell the customer is that if they have reached their sales quota for the month, the order won't be accepted until the first month with available quota, so add 4, 8 12....weeks etc depending on when dealer has free quota (all dealers are rationed, but some dealers have bigger quotas than others).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Amiedut said:
Cyberbob said:
Amiedut said:

How do you find the seat colour on some of the pictures they look really light, I got mine because of the deal with interest free finance there are now offers on the fr but then I wouldn't get heated or the beats audio so sticking with mine
It is light around the edges but darker in the centre and on the sides and rear. Overall is better in the flesh and makes the interior feel lighter and roomier.

I went for mine due to the 0% as well, it was £20 a month more for the FR which has some nice 'trinkets' but having heated seats and Beats audio which is fab meant the SE Lux was the best bet. The derv whilst a little noisy at times is a great engine especially on the longer motorway runs I do a couple of times a month. I have seen mid to high 60's on a steady run.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cyberbob said:
Amiedut said:
Cyberbob said:

It is light around the edges but darker in the centre and on the sides and rear. Overall is better in the flesh and makes the interior feel lighter and roomier.

I went for mine due to the 0% as well, it was £20 a month more for the FR which has some nice 'trinkets' but having heated seats and Beats audio which is fab meant the SE Lux was the best bet. The derv whilst a little noisy at times is a great engine especially on the longer motorway runs I do a couple of times a month. I have seen mid to high 60's on a steady run.
Oh good the pictures make them look extremely light! And I wanted a petrol tbh as I don't do that much mileage but at the time of ordering there weren't deals on the petrol engines. But I wanted heated seats so I think I've chose the best model just a waiting game now and hopefully I get it on my estimated delivery date. When did you get an update ? As I have only had the email regarding finance

·
Registered
148 Posts
Amiedut said:
Cyberbob said:
Amiedut said:

Oh good the pictures make them look extremely light! And I wanted a petrol tbh as I don't do that much mileage but at the time of ordering there weren't deals on the petrol engines. But I wanted heated seats so I think I've chose the best model just a waiting game now and hopefully I get it on my estimated delivery date. When did you get an update ? As I have only had the email regarding finance
I was looking at petrol initially but the 0% deal and the fact the diesel has a better residual value to help keep payments lower all sealed the deal!!

I was lucky to get a stock vehicle back in June so took delivery within two weeks. However, my previous Leon was ordered in October and got delivery early March. Long wait but got the first update as soon as a build week had been confirmed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I now collect my Arona this Saturday 6 weeks earlier than expected!! Can not wait!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow, that's awesome. Not many people receive their car earlier than expected.
I ordered the same model as you and it as at the dealership for pre-delivery checks. So hopefully we will both be enjoying our new car soon :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts